The Student Room Group

University merch

I kinda want to get university merch but the other half of me is like what’s the point? Like I’d get it to wear and have memorabilia but idk. Is it worth getting university merch?
Original post by Anonymous
I kinda want to get university merch but the other half of me is like what’s the point? Like I’d get it to wear and have memorabilia but idk. Is it worth getting university merch?

Hiya!

I think buying university merch can be a really lovely and sentimental thing to do to remember your time at uni. I know a lot of people buy hoodies and t-shirts but there are lots of other smaller things you could buy like a photo frame with some of your uni photographs in.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
I got a uni hoodie. It wasn’t any more expensive than a hoodie from somewhere like H&M, and I wear it just as much as any other hoodie, so it’s not a waste of money even from a practical point of view.

And it’s a souvenir of my time at uni, which a hoodie from H&M wouldn’t be.

Lots of people get the uni hoodie, something to wear on campus when your hungover & in a rush...

Its just whatever you want.

People in sports teams just tend to get the athletic gear as it can be worn for the gym or casually. I also tend to think they look a bit sharper then the standard jumper/hoodie with the name written in massive letters.
Reply 4
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hiya!

I think buying university merch can be a really lovely and sentimental thing to do to remember your time at uni. I know a lot of people buy hoodies and t-shirts but there are lots of other smaller things you could buy like a photo frame with some of your uni photographs in.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

I think so too. Thanks for the insight
Reply 5
Original post by mnot
Lots of people get the uni hoodie, something to wear on campus when your hungover & in a rush...

Its just whatever you want.

People in sports teams just tend to get the athletic gear as it can be worn for the gym or casually. I also tend to think they look a bit sharper then the standard jumper/hoodie with the name written in massive letters.

I was thinking about getting a t shirt from the society I’m in and a jumper from the the other society im in.

I think there are a lot of students that wear stuff like hoodies at uni but also others that want to buy them as a souvenir for when they leave. There are other bits of merchandise too so usually loads to choose from.
I have a uni hoodie (it's quite subtle, with just a sewn crest on one side of the front), and a uni sweatshirt too. It's nice to show your affiliation to somewhere, and it's been a talking point with strangers on public transport. However, the sweatshirt isn't as high quality as the hoodie (I think they switched sources so the logo etc. is just ironed on), so it wasn't really worth the price I paid for it.
Reply 8
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I have a uni hoodie (it's quite subtle, with just a sewn crest on one side of the front), and a uni sweatshirt too. It's nice to show your affiliation to somewhere, and it's been a talking point with strangers on public transport. However, the sweatshirt isn't as high quality as the hoodie (I think they switched sources so the logo etc. is just ironed on), so it wasn't really worth the price I paid for it.

In my uni I was thinking about getting the t shirt which is £10 but there’s a pink jumper that’s £20
In my uni I was thinking about getting the t shirt which is £10 but there’s a pink jumper that’s £20

That seems reasonable if the jumper is fleecey/high quality.
actually by wearing hoodie on t shirt seems cool.
My university’s merch is a rip off so I haven’t bought any, but they did offer us free hoodies which I accepted, but have never worn either way because I’m not a hoodie person.

I have a tote bag merch that I use but that’s for another university (that I actually prefer but they don’t offer my course so sadly I couldn’t apply, this was also free when I did some outreach programme with them) so I look a bit like a traitor :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest