The Student Room Group

ABH Case

Hi, I am 17 now (18 in January) and about a year and a half ago, I was in year 11 and I got into a school fight after school with a year 10 student. They was a previous incident thus happened between us where we had a fight but I was excluded for that and punished accordingly. So when I was let back in school this carried on. The year 10 student was let out of school half an hour early from the back gates and told to go home. Half an hour later school finishes and I am walking out of the front way and he appears with his blazer off and bag in one shoulder. He grabs my arm so I strike him once to the side of his face and he falls to the ground. As I go to walk away he moves his legs to trip me up so I kick them out of the way. However while he is down another year 11 student stamps on his head. I don’t control this other students actions and it has nothing to do with me why he did that. About a year later I have to go to police station for an interview and so does this other year 11 pupil. Cut a long story short it goes to magistrates court. At this time the other year 11 pupil is in prison for a separate offence. The case has now been passed on to a crown court which I’m due to attend in 4 days. I am trialing for a section 47 ABH charge. This is my first dealings with the police anybody know what punishment i may get? I have a few things in my favour if I get a reply to this I will explain what these are. Thanks
Firstly just claim self defence or fear for your safety....

Keywords above are ^ ''He went home early through the backgates to AVOID confrontation between him and You''

He clearly has waited for you for a fight as he had his blazer off, hes grabbed your arm, he has his bag on his shoulder which to you are signs off aggression. (you must say this)

Explain that Mr X refused to listen to instructions which were to go home yet he waited for you and in your eyes wanted to cause you damage or fear of your safety.

Tell the court that you did not ask the other year 11 pupil to interfear and cause any Injury towards the guy on the floor or instruct him to kick his head whilst he was on the floor. (very important)

Also indicate that once you've struck Mr X and you've ''walked away'' hes continued to attempt to kick you explain that you had reasons to use force because you saw him as a threat but it wasn't your intentions to hurt him.
I'd also say ''when I retreated'' from the danager, he began to continue the violence by trying to trip me up.

It'd be highly unlikely that'd you'd get a custodial sentence, it also depends what you said at police interview I suggest you have a decent legal team although I've told u a few things I am not trained in criminal law I am just a security guard with very little info about the law but have had a few incidents where I've had to use some reasonable force in nightclubs etc.

Btw what level of education do you have in terms what grades GCSE & A level? I can private message another tactic.

Lastly you can check out sentencing guidelines for abh S>47
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/crown-court/item/assault-occasioning-actual-bodily-harm-racially-or-religiously-aggravated-abh-for-consultation-only/
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I feel you're missing certain key elements from your story, cases don't get bounced to court without some evidence behind them?
Original post by themagics1992
Firstly just claim self defence or fear for your safety....

Keywords above are ^ ''He went home early through the backgates to AVOID confrontation between him and You''

He clearly has waited for you for a fight as he had his blazer off, hes grabbed your arm, he has his bag on his shoulder which to you are signs off aggression. (you must say this)

Explain that Mr X refused to listen to instructions which were to go home yet he waited for you and in your eyes wanted to cause you damage or fear of your safety.

Tell the court that you did not ask the other year 11 pupil to interfear and cause any Injury towards the guy on the floor or instruct him to kick his head whilst he was on the floor. (very important)

Also indicate that once you've struck Mr X and you've ''walked away'' hes continued to attempt to kick you explain that you had reasons to use force because you saw him as a threat but it wasn't your intentions to hurt him.
I'd also say ''when I retreated'' from the danager, he began to continue the violence by trying to trip me up.

It'd be highly unlikely that'd you'd get a custodial sentence, it also depends what you said at police interview I suggest you have a decent legal team although I've told u a few things I am not trained in criminal law I am just a security guard with very little info about the law but have had a few incidents where I've had to use some reasonable force in nightclubs etc.

Btw what level of education do you have in terms what grades GCSE & A level? I can private message another tactic.

Lastly you can check out sentencing guidelines for abh S>47
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/crown-court/item/assault-occasioning-actual-bodily-harm-racially-or-religiously-aggravated-abh-for-consultation-only/

Hi thank you that’s exactly what I have said. I was scared and intimidated so I struck him once. And yes if you could private message me that would be great thanks. I don’t know how to do it 😂. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending