The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

January intake 2021

I'm not sure whether master of business analytics at Coventry University is available in January 2021 intake or not, anyone could confirm this to me please?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Have you tried emailing the university?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
I did but it's weekend now and they are probably going to reply by next week.
Original post by Alaedin86
I'm not sure whether master of business analytics at Coventry University is available in January 2021 intake or not, anyone could confirm this to me please?

Hi Alaedin86,

Yes this course has a January 2021 intake. If you check out the course page on the website, on the front page it has information when the course starts. This one has both September and January intake :smile:

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/pg/2020-21/fbl/business-analytics-msc/

I hope this helps,

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi Alaedin86,

Yes this course has a January 2021 intake. If you check out the course page on the website, on the front page it has information when the course starts. This one has both September and January intake :smile:

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/pg/2020-21/fbl/business-analytics-msc/

I hope this helps,

Amy

Hi,
I see you are a biomedical science student at coventry university. I am planning to do Biomedical sciemce as well in coventry university. Would like to know your opinion on the university. How is your experience so far? And about the city, is it really safe?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I see you are a biomedical science student at coventry university. I am planning to do Biomedical sciemce as well in coventry university. Would like to know your opinion on the university. How is your experience so far? And about the city, is it really safe?

Hi,

Yes I am :smile: Its great to see you are interested in studying Biomedical Science too! The university for me has been fantastic. The level of support you get is much more than I was expecting from the academic staff, employment team and other services. I have loved the course and its broad range of topics to study and the laboratory practical sessions in the Superlab make it even better! The city has definitely improved over the years with lots of new things opening up like bars, restaurants and activities. The university makes sure you are as safe as possible when living and studying here. The protection services are on call 24/7 around the campus and at student accommodation. The accommodation blocks need your university ID/ fob key to get in meaning only you can enter the buildings and there is always security at the reception. I personally feel very safe studying here for the last 4 years and have never had any issues myself.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have anymore, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Amy
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi,

Yes I am :smile: Its great to see you are interested in studying Biomedical Science too! The university for me has been fantastic. The level of support you get is much more than I was expecting from the academic staff, employment team and other services. I have loved the course and its broad range of topics to study and the laboratory practical sessions in the Superlab make it even better! The city has definitely improved over the years with lots of new things opening up like bars, restaurants and activities. The university makes sure you are as safe as possible when living and studying here. The protection services are on call 24/7 around the campus and at student accommodation. The accommodation blocks need your university ID/ fob key to get in meaning only you can enter the buildings and there is always security at the reception. I personally feel very safe studying here for the last 4 years and have never had any issues myself.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have anymore, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Amy

Thanks for your response

How about the placement year? Did you do BSc biomedical science (sandwich with placement) or just the normal one? Does the university help student to get placement in NHS or other private labs, examples of any private labs if you know?

Are the lectures online now? How about the Laboratory practices? In general, is it in person class plus lab practice or entirely online?

And where are the lectures held during normal times? (Alison building?)

Thank you very much for your valuable time
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your response

How about the placement year? Did you do BSc biomedical science (sandwich with placement) or just the normal one? Does the university help student to get placement in NHS or other private labs, examples of any private labs if you know?

Are the lectures online now? How about the Laboratory practices? In general, is it in person class plus lab practice or entirely online?

And where are the lectures held during normal times? (Alison building?)

Thank you very much for your valuable time

Hello,

You are welcome :smile:

Yes I am taking the 4 year sandwich course. You have the option to take a placement year or not during the third year so you don't need to decide yet. Yes the university helped me greatly secure my placement year. They suggested the best places for my skills and interests, write my application and tailor my CV and did mock interviews with me in advance. They advertise all of the placements available to you throughout second year each week but also support you if you find your own company/ lab you would like to work with. If there are any private labs you would like to work with, the university can help you apply/ write to them.

Lectures are online now yes. Laboratory time is still on campus so you currently still get the opportunity to experience working in the lab and practise important skills. Lectures are currently uploaded as narrated PowerPoints and then there are online workshops each week which are live and interactive between students and the academics.

Lectures are normally held in Charles Ward building, Richard Crossman or George Eliot depending on the lecture hall size. Allison Gingell has no lecture halls as it is mainly a practical space building.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask any more questions if you have any!

Amy
Biomedical Science Student
Reply 8
Hi I’m also looking at the January intake for Coventry and I was wondering when would students get their results for first year? Like is it possible to switch to the September intake after doing the January intake in first year? Can’t seem to find any info on that. I’m most likely dropping out of my current uni but still want to be able to graduate in the summer of 2023.
Original post by Kya2728
Hi I’m also looking at the January intake for Coventry and I was wondering when would students get their results for first year? Like is it possible to switch to the September intake after doing the January intake in first year? Can’t seem to find any info on that. I’m most likely dropping out of my current uni but still want to be able to graduate in the summer of 2023.

Hi

I have just answered a similar question on this thread linked below. I hope this answers your question too :smile: If you have any more questions, let us know!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6788342

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest