The Student Room Group

Height

I'm 14, if I lose weight, will my height be affected? Will I not be able to reach my maximum height potential, as I've heard nutrition plays a big factor in this
As long as you’re not extremely lacking in nutrition it won’t affect your height.
Reply 2
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
As long as you’re not extremely lacking in nutrition it won’t affect your height.

definitely sure? Say if I lose 5kg and eat a lot less and workout more
Original post by Anonymous
definitely sure? Say if I lose 5kg and eat a lot less and workout more

Do you need to lose that weight?

You should not lose weight suddenly, you should lose it slowly.
tbh I wouldn't diet too much if you're a kid. I used to do it loads when I was a teenager and it probably stunted my growth lol.
Reply 5
Original post by ChickenMadness
tbh I wouldn't diet too much if you're a kid. I used to do it loads when I was a teenager and it probably stunted my growth lol.

How tall are you now?
And how tall do you think you would've been if you hadn't done so much dieting

Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Do you need to lose that weight?

You should not lose weight suddenly, you should lose it slowly.

Well, I think so. It's kind of hard to explain
How tall are you now?
And how tall do you think you would've been if you hadn't done so much dieting

Well, I think so. It's kind of hard to explain

I'm 5'11" I had a growth spurt when I was your age and after that I just stopped growing, which was around the same time I started weight lifting and dieting alot (i was quite obsessed with it). So from 15 onwards I didn't grow at all lol, which isn't that normal because men are supposed to grow even in their early 20s.
I'm 14, if I lose weight, will my height be affected? Will I not be able to reach my maximum height potential, as I've heard nutrition plays a big factor in this

NO
Reply 8
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'm 5'11" I had a growth spurt when I was your age and after that I just stopped growing, which was around the same time I started weight lifting and dieting alot (i was quite obsessed with it). So from 15 onwards I didn't grow at all lol, which isn't that normal because men are supposed to grow even in their early 20s.

That's what I'm worried about:redface:
I'm currently almost 5ft 4, but my parents are 5ft 6 and 5ft 8, so surely I should become taller?(I'm a girl btw)

Quick Reply

Latest