The Student Room Group

How long should i revise for gcse

Hello am in year 10 at the moment and I want to start revising for GCSE so I have a decent chance of getting good results I am making a time table but am not too sure how long I should revise for

Any help would be appreciated thanks
Original post by DoSuavO
Hello am in year 10 at the moment and I want to start revising for GCSE so I have a decent chance of getting good results I am making a time table but am not too sure how long I should revise for

I wouldn't say you need a time table - that might just burn you out
I'd say make a list of topics you need to revise for a certain subject and go through those
Reply 2
maybe up to 2 hours a night?
If you ain to do 1.5-2 hours of homework and revisio! Per night on weekdays, that would be more than enough for now! Maybe have a list of tasks you want to do if you don't have enough homework to make up the time, but if you have a lot of homework or are tired or have other commitments after school, don't stress - it's more important in year 10 that you understand the lessons, that you maybe read the BBC bitesize page of anything you don't understand, and that you make the most of free time before you have to revise for mocks from the beginning of next year. Honestly, understanding a topic will make it much easier to revise in the summer holidays (but only a little bit) and before exams, as you'll revise a little and it will hopefully come flooding back! So yeah, make sure you understand your lessons and revise a little for end of term tests, but you don't need a revision timetable yet!
Reply 4
Original post by DoSuavO

the guy in my class in year 10 who got 8A*s studied 4.5 hours in week days and 6.5 hours on weekends....

Quick Reply

Latest