The Student Room Group

my life is so boring

I'm 16 (in like 3 days ) and I dont really have much friends that I relate to or do anything social . It feels like I do the same thing everyday on repeat …. school work , video games and movies . I normally only talk to my "friends" about work and that's about it In school I'm known as the person who rarely talks . I just can't relate to anyone when I speak to them because we don't have the same interests and they have their own little social groups I feel like the odd one out . For example in English when we had a supply teacher , everyone went and start talking to their friends but I just sat there staring at things for 15 minutes until I just pulled out a book until the end of the lesson and if I feel I try to put on a more confident persona (what i do outside of school ) it would just be odd as I just changed within a couple of days ?

Outside of school I can talk and do all these other things but when I get in school its like I just change . It feels like I'm just wasting my precious time and teenage years (which people say are meant to be the best years of your life) and can't spend time on more fun things and have actual friends who you can relate to and just talk to in general (like once I was texting my "friends" and trying to have a actual conversation with him about football and he just ends it with 'ok' and bye) . I just feel alienated , did anyone else feel like this or only me ? if so what did you do .
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hapiolen
I'm 16 (in like 3 days ) and I dont really have much friends that I relate to or do anything social . It feels like I do the same thing everyday on repeat …. school work , video games and movies . I normally only talk to my "friends" about work and that's about it In school I'm known as the person who rarely talks . I just can't relate to anyone when I speak to them because we don't have the same interests and they have their own little social groups I feel like the odd one out . For example in English when we had a supply teacher , everyone went and start talking to their friends but I just sat there staring at things for 15 minutes until I just pulled out a book until the end of the lesson and if I feel I try to put on a more confident persona (what i do outside of school ) it would just be odd as I just changed within a couple of days ?

Outside of school I can talk and do all these other things but when I get in school its like I just change . It feels like I'm just wasting my precious time and teenage years (which people say are meant to be the best years of your life) and can't spend time on more fun things and have actual friends who you can relate to and just talk to in general (like once I was texting my "friends" and trying to have a actual conversation with him about football and he just ends it with 'ok' and bye) . I just feel alienated , did anyone else feel like this or only me ? if so what did you do .

Hi! I think at this stage of your life it's normal to want more out of life and especially with gcses you can feel like you're just wasting your time. What I suggest is maybe if these thoughts ae really upsetting yu go talk to a teacher or maybe a counsellor at your school so thy can help
You can try to be more outgoing and talkative with them and see what happens. If they feel it's weird you became like that overnight or just alienate you anyway, you can think about switching schools at sixth form and make sure you give the new group a good first impression. If you can't you can try joining clubs or whatever outside school with people who don't ignore you like that

get a boyfriend idk
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Hi! I think at this stage of your life it's normal to want more out of life and especially with gcses you can feel like you're just wasting your time. What I suggest is maybe if these thoughts ae really upsetting yu go talk to a teacher or maybe a counsellor at your school so thy can help

I dont think my school even has a proper counsellor and if i try to talk to a teacher they'll forget about it after a day like with other problems I used to have
Original post by *****deadness
You can try to be more outgoing and talkative with them and see what happens. If they feel it's weird you became like that overnight or just alienate you anyway, you can think about switching schools at sixth form and make sure you give the new group a good first impression. If you can't you can try joining clubs or whatever outside school with people who don't ignore you like that

I sometimes try with the people I'm sitting next to but don't even know what to talk about i don't even know half the people in the class or there names even though I've been going to secondary school for 4 years because we change sets like every year so new people come and go . I was thinking about going to a different sixth form but most people are going to Joseph sixth form and Solihull where I was going to go ….
I had this when I was 14, just keep going and try and do whatever makes you happy and do better for yourself. eventually the right people will come around! I’m also 16 now but I have a great solid friendship group (:
Original post by aLMndMlK_hONybEe
get a boyfriend idk

I'm a boy so ill figure that you meant gf

I know how you feel i really hate my life really and im envious over other peoples who seem more interesting and fun:frown:
I sometimes try with the people I'm sitting next to but don't even know what to talk about i don't even know half the people in the class or there names even though I've been going to secondary school for 4 years because we change sets like every year so new people come and go . I was thinking about going to a different sixth form but most people are going to Joseph sixth form and Solihull where I was going to go ….

At my old boarding school I wasn't aware that too many people were leaving, and they might not get accepted. Even if they do there'll be a whole new cohort vs like the 10 people who switched from your school. It'll definitely be better
I'm a boy so ill figure that you meant gf

ya i didnt know im soo srry. lol
(edited 3 years ago)
At my old boarding school I wasn't aware that too many people were leaving, and they might not get accepted. Even if they do there'll be a whole new cohort vs like the 10 people who switched from your school. It'll definitely be better

when I was in assembly and the teachers asked who is going Solihull or JC , all the students put there hand up so ill probably go to a different one if i can like aston uni sixth form but they have already got a secondary school so I guess people from there will go to the sixth form ...
I dont think my school even has a proper counsellor and if i try to talk to a teacher they'll forget about it after a day like with other problems I used to have

Then i suggest trying out new hobbies and joining more clubs!
when I was in assembly and the teachers asked who is going Solihull or JC , all the students put there hand up so ill probably go to a different one if i can like aston uni sixth form but they have already got a secondary school so I guess people from there will go to the sixth form ...

Yeah...apply to a couple others and see how many offers you get
Original post by Golderz Is Great
I know how you feel i really hate my life really and im envious over other peoples who seem more interesting and fun:frown:

Lots of people in school put on different persona's depending on who they are talking to and can't have a stable personality trait or aurora with different types of people . I've seen people who talk and act differently depending on who they are talking to so most people don't even show their true personality and just put on a facade to be accepted by other people or to match the environment.
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Then i suggest trying out new hobbies and joining more clubs!

Our school doesn't do any clubs anymore (if you meant in school)
I've got loads of hobbies but can't relate to anyone in my class like ;
-Football
-Video games
-Fishes
-Snooker
-Karate (watching not doing ...)
-Films
-Coding
Our school doesn't do any clubs anymore (if you meant in school)
I've got loads of hobbies but can't relate to anyone in my class like ;
-Football
-Video games
-Fishes
-Snooker
-Karate (watching not doing ...)
-Films
-Coding

i like football and gaming so do loads of people dont they

coding and snooker you lost me:smile:
Yeah...apply to a couple others and see how many offers you get

I'm thinking of applying to at least 3 colleges so I get guaranteed a place , But i have a question what do you think i should do in lessons when everyone else is talking and I'm just not doing anything i mean it gets really boring and just makes me despise school more because I have the same seat for all and the teacher wont move anyone
Original post by Golderz Is Great
i like football and gaming so do loads of people dont they

coding and snooker you lost me:smile:

yes most of the boys do anyways but in my class they're only 4 boys …. and they are at the back and I'm directly at the front and for gaming I mostly play fifa and people in my class despise it lol , i used to play games like uncharted and mortal kombat but i want to save my money rather than spend £60 on a game and plus ive got gcse's which i personally think is a complete waste of time
yes most of the boys do anyways but in my class they're only 4 boys …. and they are at the back and I'm directly at the front and for gaming I mostly play fifa and people in my class despise it lol , i used to play games like uncharted and mortal kombat but i want to save my money rather than spend £60 on a game and plus ive got gcse's which i personally think is a complete waste of time

Dont get e started on fifa its crap utter crap but i buy everyone of them even though the games are worse by the year

Quick Reply

Latest