The Student Room Group

EPQ

Heyy guys
I'm currently studying A level Economics and Business and I was looking forward to write an EPQ based on the Mozambican economy.
My initial idea was:
2. Is it possible to African Countries such as Rwanda, Ethiopia or Mozambique turn into developed economies over the next years ( barriers/threats)
However, I was told to be careful not to overlap my subjects and be more specific about it. And I had no idea what to talk about and I changed to:
Is corruption the main reason why Mozambique is one of the least developed countries in Africa?
But my tutor told me that corruption is a minor topic.
I'm so confused what to do whatsoever. I have plan B but I was really looking forward to this topic

Any suggestions??

Thank you!!
corruption is usually cited as part of a wider cultural issue on why countries develop poorly. you'd do better to talk about the wider issue:
- lack of democracy
- poorly developed institutions (of which corruption is a cause, but not solely)
- possibly religion
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
corruption is usually cited as part of a wider cultural issue on why countries develop poorly. you'd do better to talk about the wider issue:
- lack of democracy
- poorly developed institutions (of which corruption is a cause, but not solely)
- possibly religion

:smile: thank u for your help!
Reply 3
Original post by Sharrmiin
Heyy guys
I'm currently studying A level Economics and Business and I was looking forward to write an EPQ based on the Mozambican economy.
My initial idea was:
2. Is it possible to African Countries such as Rwanda, Ethiopia or Mozambique turn into developed economies over the next years ( barriers/threats)
However, I was told to be careful not to overlap my subjects and be more specific about it. And I had no idea what to talk about and I changed to:
Is corruption the main reason why Mozambique is one of the least developed countries in Africa?
But my tutor told me that corruption is a minor topic.
I'm so confused what to do whatsoever. I have plan B but I was really looking forward to this topic

Any suggestions??

Thank you!!

love the question!
as an Ethiopian i want to do mine on africa too, but im not sure of a question
Reply 4
Original post by litm
love the question!
as an Ethiopian i want to do mine on africa too, but im not sure of a question

Thanks :smile: I'd suggest you read more on Ethiopian history and economics hopefully that will help. You can also use ethiopian books or sources to help you
As for me, I still haven't got my title yet but I've talked with my tutors and they were able to provide me some useful resources such as JSTOR. Hopefully that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending