The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Will I get an offer for psychology? Pls reply!!

My predicted grades are
A sociology
B psychology
B English language

I’ve applied for the following universities;
Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Nottingham Trent - ABB
Reading - ABB
Bournemouth - BBC-BBB
Brighton - BCC-BBB
(Applying for Bsc Psychology in all)

I would love to go to university of Nottingham but it’s a Russel group uni and I’m only predicted ABB. Does this mean they’re just going to reject my application straight away?

Please comment your opinions!! X
Yeah, sorry
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
In regards to UoN, I'm also predicted ABB and after emailing them, they encouraged me to apply anyway. They said they obviously can't guarantee and offer but it's worth a shot :smile:
Reply 3
You're not guaranteed an offer, though that's not to say you won't get one. However, you should appreciate that if you get an offer, that if you don't meet the standards of said offer they might not be as forgiving.
Imo it's worth applying. I think the other unis would probably even let you in for less than their advertised offer (I'm reasonably confident Trent will take lower than ABB ngl). It's always good to have at least one ambitious choice!
I noticed you've applied to 2 Notts unis. I live there, so if you're interested in hearing what Nottingham is like as a place to live do let me know.
Reply 4
If you were to receive an offer of AAB and you got ABB they'd probably still let you in.

https://www.admissionreport.com/university-of-nottingham/bsc-psychology

That course has a 93% offer rate so... get your hopes up.
Reply 5
Original post by strhythm
In regards to UoN, I'm also predicted ABB and after emailing them, they encouraged me to apply anyway. They said they obviously can't guarantee and offer but it's worth a shot :smile:

Thank you!! :smile:)
Reply 6
Original post by Mikos
You're not guaranteed an offer, though that's not to say you won't get one. However, you should appreciate that if you get an offer, that if you don't meet the standards of said offer they might not be as forgiving.
Imo it's worth applying. I think the other unis would probably even let you in for less than their advertised offer (I'm reasonably confident Trent will take lower than ABB ngl). It's always good to have at least one ambitious choice!
I noticed you've applied to 2 Notts unis. I live there, so if you're interested in hearing what Nottingham is like as a place to live do let me know.

Thanks for the opinions I felt clueless! I’ve heard Nottingham has good student nightlife is this true? And is it reasonably cheap there?
Reply 7
Original post by Sinnoh
If you were to receive an offer of AAB and you got ABB they'd probably still let you in.

https://www.admissionreport.com/university-of-nottingham/bsc-psychology

That course has a 93% offer rate so... get your hopes up.

Thanks for this link I would’ve never have found it!
Reply 8
Original post by Af762014
Thanks for the opinions I felt clueless! I’ve heard Nottingham has good student nightlife is this true? And is it reasonably cheap there?

Yeah nightlife is definitely good, we have all sorts of bars/pubs (the ones in Hockley are good and not as crowded, bit more low-key as well), we have stealth and pryzm but most people here prefer local venues such as Rock City. I imagine the universities will also have their own events for you to indulge in.
I’ve never felt that the prices here were unreasonable. I can’t really compare experiences because I live at home (on a gap year rn lol) but I’ve heard people from other areas say that the value for money here is really good, in that there’s a lot to do here and it’s a great place to live but the prices aren’t inflated everywhere.

If COVID still limits your ability to enjoy outings then tbf there’s quite a bit of green space here. If you end up at Uni of Nottingham, the university park is a good place to drink with friends casually (me and my friends do sometimes haha)
Reply 9
Original post by Mikos
Yeah nightlife is definitely good, we have all sorts of bars/pubs (the ones in Hockley are good and not as crowded, bit more low-key as well), we have stealth and pryzm but most people here prefer local venues such as Rock City. I imagine the universities will also have their own events for you to indulge in.
I’ve never felt that the prices here were unreasonable. I can’t really compare experiences because I live at home (on a gap year rn lol) but I’ve heard people from other areas say that the value for money here is really good, in that there’s a lot to do here and it’s a great place to live but the prices aren’t inflated everywhere.

If COVID still limits your ability to enjoy outings then tbf there’s quite a bit of green space here. If you end up at Uni of Nottingham, the university park is a good place to drink with friends casually (me and my friends do sometimes haha)

Ah that’s great thank you for the insight aha. Nottingham is my ideal choice hopefully I’ll get to experience it for myself!
Reply 10
Original post by Af762014
Ah that’s great thank you for the insight aha. Nottingham is my ideal choice hopefully I’ll get to experience it for myself!

Good! I hope that in a year’s time you will have been warmly welcomed here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending