The Student Room Group

best film schools/unis for undergraduate degrees

answer the title pls my predicted are a* a* a
Original post by helpmeeeepls
answer the title pls my predicted are a* a* a

It depends on if you would like to do practical or theoretical film. Film schools/unis don't choose you because of your grades (even though there are grade requirements also, but those are usually lower than As), but your potential to be a filmmaker. For example, they'll ask for a portfolio and/or an interview
Original post by AnnaMirjam
It depends on if you would like to do practical or theoretical film. Film schools/unis don't choose you because of your grades (even though there are grade requirements also, but those are usually lower than As), but your potential to be a filmmaker. For example, they'll ask for a portfolio and/or an interview

Hey thanks for reply! I would much prefer a practical course and I have an extensive portfolio since I’ve been producing films since for school since I was 15.
Hey thanks for reply! I would much prefer a practical course and I have an extensive portfolio since I’ve been producing films since for school since I was 15.

Oh I see! One more question: which area are you looking at? (I mean which part of the UK)
I really don’t mind! I’m from Northern Ireland so anywhere is fine.
Hi there, if you are happy to travel and want a practical course, details our BA (Hons) Film course are below, we are based in central Cardiff. Our current students and graduates are currently working on a few Netflix series including Sex Education and His Dark Materials. If you have any questions, please do let me know. Thanks Rebecca :smile:

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/ba-hons-film/
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi there, if you are happy to travel and want a practical course, details our BA (Hons) Film course are below, we are based in central Cardiff. Our current students and graduates are currently working on a few Netflix series including Sex Education and His Dark Materials. If you have any questions, please do let me know. Thanks Rebecca :smile:

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/ba-hons-film/

Hi the main thing I’ve found to be important with these film degrees is the networking and connections you make through the course, as well as the portfolio you have built up . I have a few questions; what are your networking opportunities like during the course? Roughly how many films will you end up making by the end of the course? Do you have any links with the BBC/ Channel 4 or any other broadcasting companies? Thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Despite your course not being part of CILECT do you still think it is recognised and respected worldwide?

South Wales is a CILECT member
https://www.cilect.org/profiles/members/235/4#.X5fr42j7RhE
Oh yes so it is!

Would you be able to offer any help or guidance to my question??

I will find out the answers to your questions and get back to you asap as I don't have that information to hand and will need to ask someone from the Film School. Thanks Rebecca :smile:

Any CILECT member that suits your interests and preferences for a study environment would be the best. There's no single "best" university - it's about finding the course and university that will allow YOU personally to thrive
I see, well for a film production degree what university do you think would be respected and recognised the most?
I see, well for a film production degree what university do you think would be respected and recognised the most?

Original post by University of South Wales
I will find out the answers to your questions and get back to you asap as I don't have that information to hand and will need to ask someone from the Film School. Thanks Rebecca :smile:

Hi there @helpmeeeepls, I have some more information for you - Students have lots of opportunities for networking with other students and employers via the USW Create Masterclass series. I'd encourage them to follow @USWCreative and @FTSWales on Twitter for details of the latest events. The link to the TV and Film School Wales is here with further information on for you to have a look at https://www.southwales.ac.uk/filmschool/ which includes partners we work with. If you have any further subject-specific questions you would like to ask about the course content, please do book onto the Film session at our next open day on Saturday 21st November link is here. https://www.southwales.ac.uk/open-days/ Good luck with your research :smile: Rebecca
Regarding your query regarding how many films you would produce during the course, please see reply here from the Film School. Proper production films its normally 2 in year 1, 3 in year 2, 2 in year 3. Students also do studio craft shoots as well, which is an additional 2 films, 1 in year 1 and 1 in year 2. So that's 9 roughly, along with small tasks and craft briefs dotted around. So it looks like lots of film production for our students! :smile: Rebecca
Okay thanks so much for the info!
Okay thanks so much for the info!

No problem at all, good luck researching courses, I'm sure you will turn out to be a fantastic film maker! :smile: Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending