The Student Room Group

Regret now retaking year 12

hi I’m in year 13 I got my grades are so bad like E’s and I need ABB idk how the earth I’m gonna get that
You’re gonna work on what you don’t know until u know it and your gonna not procrastinate. And you’re gonna be a pest to your teachers always asking them questions however dumb they may seem. Then you’re gonna sacrifice sleep and leisure time. Then you are gonna pick up Christianity so you have God on your side. Then you’re gonna repeat this for the rest of year 13 and write the exam. And your results won’t be ABB it will be AAA.
Original post by ashdouga
You’re gonna work on what you don’t know until u know it and your gonna not procrastinate. And you’re gonna be a pest to your teachers always asking them questions however dumb they may seem. Then you’re gonna sacrifice sleep and leisure time. Then you are gonna pick up Christianity so you have God on your side. Then you’re gonna repeat this for the rest of year 13 and write the exam. And your results won’t be ABB it will be AAA.

AAA me never that’s so harddd lol I’m hindu but there so much little time
Original post by Jenny127
AAA me never that’s so harddd lol I’m hindu but there so much little time

Start now as in now. I have no clue how little time you have left but you must not procrastinate!

Have a structure. If you lose concentration when studying within 20 minutes, step back. It's better to take a break than staring at the work for another 20 minutes when you're not picking up the knowledge. Find flashcards through Quizlet, do mindmaps etc. Describing and explaining your topics out loud might actually help (it's helped me much more). As ashdouga said, pester your teachers like mad (I hate doing that, I should do that more actually), they are paid to help you, as one of my teachers put it. But you must do it now. Sit and tell yourself you'll do this work for 5 minutes and hopefully you'll be absorbed into it eventually.

Also you must believe in yourself. Keep telling yourself that you believe in yourself and be more positive, and eventually you will feel more positive as you'll actually believe yourself in the end. You can do it. You took your A-Levels again because you believe you can get higher, otherwise you wouldn't have done it. It's just passing that procrastinating barrier I'm guessing - put yourself forward and out of your comfort zone as that's where we begin to learn and grow :smile:

Best of luck!! You can do it!! :biggrin:
Original post by yippy-yikes
Start now as in now. I have no clue how little time you have left but you must not procrastinate!

Have a structure. If you lose concentration when studying within 20 minutes, step back. It's better to take a break than staring at the work for another 20 minutes when you're not picking up the knowledge. Find flashcards through Quizlet, do mindmaps etc. Describing and explaining your topics out loud might actually help (it's helped me much more). As ashdouga said, pester your teachers like mad (I hate doing that, I should do that more actually), they are paid to help you, as one of my teachers put it. But you must do it now. Sit and tell yourself you'll do this work for 5 minutes and hopefully you'll be absorbed into it eventually.

Also you must believe in yourself. Keep telling yourself that you believe in yourself and be more positive, and eventually you will feel more positive as you'll actually believe yourself in the end. You can do it. You took your A-Levels again because you believe you can get higher, otherwise you wouldn't have done it. It's just passing that procrastinating barrier I'm guessing - put yourself forward and out of your comfort zone as that's where we begin to learn and grow :smile:

Best of luck!! You can do it!! :biggrin:

Hi thank you so much

my exams are in June I guess ?
Is there no way you could make your choices a bit less demanding. I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to achieve AAB but it will put a lot of pressure and stress on yourself if your only options are AAB universities. Maybe keep one AAA/AAB university and then one ABB or BBB, BBC or BCC etc etc. This will allow you to keep your options open and not be under so much stress.
hi I’m in year 13 I got my grades are so bad like E’s and I need ABB idk how the earth I’m gonna get that

My friend was in the exact situation when she finished year 12 with Es, she retook year 12 and finished year 12 with AAB. You just need to work even harder than you are now and don’t be afraid to ask teachers about anything you don’t understand.
Hi thank you so much

my exams are in June I guess ?

I see, that's still a great amount of time if you start putting more effort now constantly and get into the habit of things! As everyone has said in here too, do pester your teachers (literally go back and forth to them with questions. If you don't understand something, note it down immediately so then you have a bunch of questions when you see your teachers next time).

Forgot to mention - apps such as Seneca learning and YouTube videos could help also, depending on the subjects you study.
I wish you the best of luck once again, you can do it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest