The Student Room Group

I can’t cook

I was getting hate on this website about it because I made a thread that I hadn’t eaten all day because I bought some pasta then it just turned into an argument about the fact I can’t cook or it was that or people was saying I was trolling which I wasn’t. I’m not trolling this either, I can’t cook. I wasn’t too bothered by it until people on here was saying I’m lazy and I should be ashamed of myself because I can’t cook. I’m not doing this post for attention, I’m really not, I’m doing it because I have been doubting myself that I can’t cook. I can do many other things but I can’t cook. My uncle cooks for me and my family because we live with him. I haven’t seen the need to cook because I haven’t lived alone before. I was saying in my post that my unicameral still cook for me when I do move out and I’ll collect it from him which I don’t see what is wrong with if he doesn’t mind doing it. Also when I get the chance and if I need to I’ll learn to cook but right now I’m living with family who can cook for me and I’m not planning to move out. I just have been upset about it because of the comments on here and stuff. Again I’m not trolling this or doing this for attention I am being serious.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My opinion remains the same on this, everyone should be able to cook.
It seems like you are missing out on learning an essential life skill, at minimum, and possibly a pleasurable activity. The ability to turn shopping into tasty, healthy meals would be a good thing to be able to do in the future. Once you go to uni you will be an adult- why would you still have an older relative feeding you at this point?
Reply 3
Original post by Bio 7
My opinion remains the same on this, everyone should be able to cook.

Maybe but I will end up learning if and when I need to
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe but I will end up learning if and when I need to

You need to now you're just being lazy.
Reply 5
Original post by ReadingMum
It seems like you are missing out on learning an essential life skill, at minimum, and possibly a pleasurable activity. The ability to turn shopping into tasty, healthy meals would be a good thing to be able to do in the future. Once you go to uni you will be an adult- why would you still have an older relative feeding you at this point?

I’m not going to uni. I just live with him so he doesn’t mind cooking, if he said one day he doesn’t want to cook for me anymore then I’d find alternatives
I was getting hate on this website about it because I made a thread that I hadn’t eaten all day because I bought some pasta then it just turned into an argument about the fact I can’t cook or it was that or people was saying I was trolling which I wasn’t. I’m not trolling this either, I can’t cook. I wasn’t too bothered by it until people on here was saying I’m lazy and I should be ashamed of myself because I can’t cook. I’m not doing this post for attention, I’m really not, I’m doing it because I have been doubting myself that I can’t cook. I can do many other things but I can’t cook. My uncle cooks for me and my family because we live with him. I haven’t seen the need to cook because I haven’t lived alone before. I was saying in my post that my unicameral still cook for me when I do move out and I’ll collect it from him which I don’t see what is wrong with if he doesn’t mind doing it. Also when I get the chance and if I need to I’ll learn to cook but right now I’m living with family who can cook for me and I’m not planning to move out. I just have been upset about it because of the comments on here and stuff. Again I’m not trolling this or doing this for attention I am being serious.

heyyyy you're back, you're suuch an icon.
Yeah people rly piled into u last time...
tbf I don't know why peopl say I can/can't cook, cos anyone can - u just follow the instructions in a cookery book. Even something as simple as scrambled eggs on toast is cooking.
You should cook for ur family sometimes as it would be a nice thing to do and would probably make ur uncle happy (:
Reply 7
Original post by Fionaanddonkey
heyyyy you're back, you're suuch an icon.
Yeah people rly piled into u last time...
tbf I don't know why peopl say I can/can't cook, cos anyone can - u just follow the instructions in a cookery book. Even something as simple as scrambled eggs on toast is cooking.
You should cook for ur family sometimes as it would be a nice thing to do and would probably make ur uncle happy (:

Maybe one day I will

If it's upsetting you, you know deep down that people are correct in saying that you should be able to cook for yourself at your age.
I’m not going to uni. I just live with him so he doesn’t mind cooking, if he said one day he doesn’t want to cook for me anymore then I’d find alternatives

In that case, if you are looking at moving out to become an independent adult then it would be even more odd to be fed by your uncle.
Maybe one day I will

can u make a blog abt it when u do cook him a meal pls? :nyan:
Original post by Bio 7
You need to now you're just being lazy.

I’m a student it’s not like I stay at home and do nothing. I don’t know what is wrong with just waiting till I move out or when I actually need to
can u make a blog abt it when u do cook him a meal pls? :nyan:

Yes when I get round to it
Just learn to cook, it isn't that deep.
Original post by ReadingMum
In that case, if you are looking at moving out to become an independent adult then it would be even more odd to be fed by your uncle.

I’m not planning to move out yet
Reply 15
I’m a student it’s not like I stay at home and do nothing. I don’t know what is wrong with just waiting till I move out or when I actually need to

Like I said in the last thread I've been cooking for myself since I was 15 and was cooking occasionally since 12. It's not that hard, it can be fun to do and it's an important skill. How busy are you really that you can't make simple meals?
Original post by Bio 7
Like I said in the last thread I've been cooking for myself since I was 15 and was cooking occasionally since 12. It's not that hard, it can be fun to do and it's an important skill. How busy are you really that you can't make simple meals?

I started cooking at age 7
Original post by DiddyDec
Just learn to cook, it isn't that deep.

Ok, I just don’t know why I got hate for it because it upset me it’s not like I’m the only person in the world at my age who can’t cook
Reply 18
I started cooking at age 7

Exactly it isn't hard to do basic stuff and work up.
Ok, I just don’t know why I got hate for it because it upset me it’s not like I’m the only person in the world at my age who can’t cook

Because you are being lazy and making up crap excuses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending