The Student Room Group

Gf not being supportive

We were just talking about the tier 3 and all these restrictions and everything. I was saying my point and I was just started to say how I feel that I have been a bit anxious about it that we might go back into a full lockdown again. She said I need to stop being stupid and I need to get over myself. She said other stuff but she said which didn’t help me, she said she thinks there should be another full lockdown and she wants one. So it’s now to the point we are opposites I’m dreading another lockdown and she really wants one. I was saying it’s exaggerated anyway, she slapped me for saying that she said I’m a disrespectful scumbag and stuff. I thought she would be so supportive because I thought she’d understand how lockdown has effected us and stuff but she seems to actually want another one. Also I helped her when this virus was new coming in the U.K. I just told her we will be fine and stuff but she’s not the same. I think it’s because of our opinions are different she wants another lockdown and I don’t.
Damn, when I started reading this my initial instinct was to say that perhaps you need to talk seriously and make sure that she understands you feel this way. However, then I got to the point where she slapped you? Physical reactions like that are never okay in a serious context, and I'm not sure that this relationship is worth your time. It sounds like things are very one-sided.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
We were just talking about the tier 3 and all these restrictions and everything. I was saying my point and I was just started to say how I feel that I have been a bit anxious about it that we might go back into a full lockdown again. She said I need to stop being stupid and I need to get over myself. She said other stuff but she said which didn’t help me, she said she thinks there should be another full lockdown and she wants one. So it’s now to the point we are opposites I’m dreading another lockdown and she really wants one. I was saying it’s exaggerated anyway, she slapped me for saying that she said I’m a disrespectful scumbag and stuff. I thought she would be so supportive because I thought she’d understand how lockdown has effected us and stuff but she seems to actually want another one. Also I helped her when this virus was new coming in the U.K. I just told her we will be fine and stuff but she’s not the same. I think it’s because of our opinions are different she wants another lockdown and I don’t.

She was anxious about the virus at the star as well and I told her well be fine I reassured her will be. I thought she would try to be a positive about the lockdown to try to convince me as much as she can that it won’t return and I thought she was sick of it as well
Reply 3
Original post by ashtolga23
Damn, when I started reading this my initial instinct was to say that perhaps you need to talk seriously and make sure that she understands you feel this way. However, then I got to the point where she slapped you? Physical reactions like that are never okay in a serious context, and I'm not sure that this relationship is worth your time. It sounds like things are very one-sided.

I think she slapped me because she thought I was being disrespectful
I think she slapped me because she thought I was being disrespectful

That's no excuse. A physical response was unnecessary. Does she do this regularly?

I would ask if you think she's just stressed with the current situation, but even if that's the case it's a big problem. She can't take it out on you.
Reply 5
That's no excuse. A physical response was unnecessary. Does she do this regularly?

I would ask if you think she's just stressed with the current situation, but even if that's the case it's a big problem. She can't take it out on you.

Yes I don’t think it’s a good excuse I also don’t even think I was being disrespectful I just said it’s exaggerated which I feel like it is. No she doesn’t do it regularly

I’m not sure if she was stressed she didn’t seem it before she slapped me just seemed annoyed from what I was saying about lockdown and she was in the phone laughing with her friend
Reply 6
Yes I don’t think it’s a good excuse I also don’t even think I was being disrespectful I just said it’s exaggerated which I feel like it is. No she doesn’t do it regularly

I’m not sure if she was stressed she didn’t seem it before she slapped me just seemed annoyed from what I was saying about lockdown and she was in the phone laughing with her friend

She was on the phone before the our conversation laughing with her friend
Reply 7
Why did you put up with her physically slapping you? Calling you names is already bad enough but physically assaulting you is a whole different thing.

Get out of this relationship, its doomed.

Aw man, I’m sorry she’s putting you through this. I think it’s time for a serious talk tbh and if she can’t accept that what she did was wrong then I think you need to break things off honestly. I apologise for being so blunt about this, but it’s really unacceptable behaviour.
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Why did you put up with her physically slapping you? Calling you names is already bad enough but physically assaulting you is a whole different thing.

Get out of this relationship, its doomed.

She doesn’t physically abuse me often I think she just got mad because she thought I was being disrespectful
Aw man, I’m sorry she’s putting you through this. I think it’s time for a serious talk tbh and if she can’t accept that what she did was wrong then I think you need to break things off honestly. I apologise for being so blunt about this, but it’s really unacceptable behaviour.

Its fine I think your idea might be good to take a break from each other
Reply 11
She doesn’t physically abuse me often I think she just got mad because she thought I was being disrespectful

Physical abuse in any form, whether its every day or once a month, is completely unacceptable. Even if you were being disrespectful ( which I dont think you were ).
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Physical abuse in any form, whether its every day or once a month, is completely unacceptable. Even if you were being disrespectful ( which I dont think you were ).

Yes true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending