The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Biomedical science Applicants 2021

Hi guys! Anyone applying for Bristol Biomed in 2021!?
If so..
Where are you from
What are you studying now
And why Bristol??

I know it’s early days but it would be nice to meet some people!!
Hi! This is great, I haven’t found many other biomed threads yet.
I live in Surrey and am in yr13 currently studying: Bio, Chem and Philosophy
I chose Bristol because it was the perfect distance from home for me: independence without seclusion. I also rlly liked the course and think that I will have a great student experience there due to its amazing teaching and decent student night life :wink:. It seems a uni with a good balance.
I currently have 3 offers and Bristol is looking like my firm choice atm!
(edited 3 years ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by lucy.back
I chose Bristol because it was the perfect distance from home for me: independence without seclusion. I also rlly liked the course and think that I will have a great student experience there due to its amazing teaching and decent student night life :wink:. It seems a uni with a good balance.

Exciting! I’ve also applied for gateway medicine at Bristol but Bristol is really where I want to go, I live in Buckinghamshire so it’s about the same distance to home as for you!
interesting... so ultimately do you want to end up studying medicine? i currently have a view to more research-based work vs. clinical practise. sounds cool though, nice to hear :smile: @Maddy.Perks
Reply 4
interesting... so ultimately do you want to end up studying medicine? i currently have a view to more research-based work vs. clinical practise. sounds cool though, nice to hear :smile: @Maddy.Perks

I want to do more research based work, I’m not sure if I exactly but I sure I want to do something in a medical field. I actually just got my offer today for Biomed!
i am the same tbh... hoping i find/realise my desired prospective job during my degree so i know what to work towards but i guess it doesn’t matter too much atm. congrats! is bristol still your first choice? i now have 4 offers and bristol is still probably my no1😎 @Maddy.Perks
Reply 6
i am the same tbh... hoping i find/realise my desired prospective job during my degree so i know what to work towards but i guess it doesn’t matter too much atm. congrats! is bristol still your first choice? i now have 4 offers and bristol is still probably my no1😎 @Maddy.Perks

Yes Bristol is number 1 at the moment, I’m waiting on one more offer which is for Bath to do Biomed. But I really would like to go to Bristol!
Could you please tell me what your predicted grades were? @Maddy.Perks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by chillichillitype
Could you please tell me what your predicted grades were? @Maddy.Perks

I’m predicted AAB, and I got a contextual offer for Bristol:smile:

I know this was posted a while ago but I'm currently studying Bio, Chem and Philosophy and was wondering if you ended up choosing bristol and if you liked it ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending