The Student Room Group

Raf brtc 2021

I just had a call from my local AFCO yesterday giving me a potential start date for January 2021 (just awaiting confirmation this week) just wondered if anyone else here has been given January too? Feel free to pm me 😁

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What role is this for? I've only recently passed my fitness so imagine i will have a longer wait. Hopefully your confirmation arrives soon and all the best with your training
Reply 2
Original post by jjbbcc
What role is this for? I've only recently passed my fitness so imagine i will have a longer wait. Hopefully your confirmation arrives soon and all the best with your training

Hi, I applied for RAF police, I did my fitness test mid September. So Hopefully won’t be too long of a wait for you! My confirmation just came through so fingers crossed all goes well 😁
Reply 3
Mines march, doing cyberspace. I did my fitness in August
Original post by Jconny02
Mines march, doing cyberspace. I did my fitness in August

I've been given a July start date, my fitness was the start of October.
Reply 5
Original post by rakkauskesa

Is that a start date for BRTC or phase 2? Before my fitness my recruiter informed me the next available slot for my trade was July i was unsure if this meant i would start BRTC then or it was Phase 2 and it would work backwards to 10 weeks before that?
Original post by jjbbcc
Is that a start date for BRTC or phase 2? Before my fitness my recruiter informed me the next available slot for my trade was July i was unsure if this meant i would start BRTC then or it was Phase 2 and it would work backwards to 10 weeks before that?

BRTC, its for cyberspace too. I wonder come July though if PRTC/PRFV are back up and running if i will get the option to go on one
I’m doing cyberspace I’m waiting for my fitness test confirmation I’ve done everything else
I passed my pjft just before Xmas, so awaiting contact for the next step.
I am Cyberspace as well.
Original post by Rhysjenkins
I’m doing cyberspace I’m waiting for my fitness test confirmation I’ve done everything else

Same here I’m waiting for the fitness test but Covid is ****ing it I’m doing cyberspace too
Original post by Rhysjenkins
Same here I’m waiting for the fitness test but Covid is ****ing it I’m doing cyberspace too

I haven’t heard anything, but I suspect Covid will be having an effect on how quickly things are moving.

I am keeping to my fitness routine and keeping busy. They will contact me when they can progress my application.
Original post by Jokerjnr777
I haven’t heard anything, but I suspect Covid will be having an effect on how quickly things are moving.

I am keeping to my fitness routine and keeping busy. They will contact me when they can progress my application.

Yeah definitely I wish it would hurry up I don’t get how the navy and army are still doing fitness tests but the RAF isnt
Anyone starting in March...what’s your start date? I’m March too for RAF Police. :smile:
Have you done all the application stages mate?
Original post by Tinkstap789
Have you done all the application stages mate?

Yes, mine was done in about 4 months pre COVID and 4 months post 1st lockdown.
Original post by rakkauskesa

are there different start dates for different trades I’m doing cyber space haven’t done my fitness test yet, but I’ve only got my fitness test left do u think if I do my fitness test next month I can start in March?
are there different start dates for different trades I’m doing cyber space haven’t done my fitness test yet, but I’ve only got my fitness test left do u think if I do my fitness test next month I can start in March?

My best answer would be to ask your Afco. When you sat the ast, did it tell you roughly which intake you’ll be? It has to link up with your phase 2 training, so everyone will be different. Plus they stop booking on 2 weeks before the course is due to start. So really couldn’t tell you. I suppose quicker you get all the boxes ticked, then quicker you can get out into the pile to get a course place.
Ah right that’s how it works, and no they didn’t give me a start date on my BRTC when I passed the AST every other trade had one except mine for some reason, what do I ask my AFCO?

I did my fitness test in Aug, AND I start PH1 end of March. Im cyber space too
I passed pjft just before Xmas so waiting to hear what the next step will be

Quick Reply

Latest