The Student Room Group

Verbal job offer but no written one

I called Waitrose (had job interview with them on the 13th) on the 23rd and they said they want me and a job offer should be sent out by email by Monday. It’s now Tuesday and nothing! What could this mean ?

I’ve also been offered a job by John Lewis in a position I don’t want so I really want the Waitrose one
Original post by Optimism67
I called Waitrose (had job interview with them on the 13th) on the 23rd and they said they want me and a job offer should be sent out by email by Monday. It’s now Tuesday and nothing! What could this mean ?

I’ve also been offered a job by John Lewis in a position I don’t want so I really want the Waitrose one

I'd hope they would've told you if they'd changed their mind, but it's possible for this to happen if they didn't give you a written offer that you'd signed. Make sure to check your spam folder etc, but ring them back tomorrow if you still haven't received anything
Reply 2
Original post by A.Peters0797
I'd hope they would've told you if they'd changed their mind, but it's possible for this to happen if they didn't give you a written offer that you'd signed. Make sure to check your spam folder etc, but ring them back tomorrow if you still haven't received anything

What would the email title say if it was in my spam folder ?
Original post by Optimism67
What would the email title say if it was in my spam folder ?

I'm not sure, but it'll probably have 'Waitrose' in it somewhere, or 'interview/application' etc, I'm sure it'd stand out if it was there
Reply 4
I'm in the exact same situation, I have received a verbal job offer and been told to wait to hear from them, I'd be warned that my offer email may go to my junk folder, however, I'm still waiting. I have been in contact with the branch on a weekly basis and still told to wait. Apparently, the delay is due to the company switching to a new system, but I feel as if I have been lost in the system somewhere!
Reply 5
Update: finally got the job offer after a month! I start next week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending