The Student Room Group

Is it possible to access the universities wifi settings to disable ipv6?

I basically can't connect with any of my friends on xbox because I have ipv6 enabled and you can't turn it off on xbox, so is there a way to access the router settings of the uni WiFi?
Original post by Big Ounce
I basically can't connect with any of my friends on xbox because I have ipv6 enabled and you can't turn it off on xbox, so is there a way to access the router settings of the uni WiFi?

No. I'm guessing your problem is when you try to play together on FIFA or any other EA game?

Xbox servers shouldn't be the NAT problem IIRC.
Reply 2
Original post by RoyalSheepy
No. I'm guessing your problem is when you try to play together on FIFA or any other EA game?

Xbox servers shouldn't be the NAT problem IIRC.

No any game which you have to connect to their servers is fine, but games where either of us has to host eg Minecraft, I won't let us connect.
No any game which you have to connect to their servers is fine, but games where either of us has to host eg Minecraft, I won't let us connect.

What's your's and your friend's NAT type?
Reply 4
What's your's and your friend's NAT type?

Mine is open but my firends one is switching between open and moderate.
Mine is open but my firends one is switching between open and moderate.

I'm assuming they could be at uni as well, so port forwarding without bridging isn't really possible. But if they aren't, get them to port forward to open their NAT.

Try joining each other when your NATs are both open.
Reply 6
I'm assuming they could be at uni as well, so port forwarding without bridging isn't really possible. But if they aren't, get them to port forward to open their NAT.

Try joining each other when your NATs are both open.

No he isn't at uni, so how do you do that exactly?
No he isn't at uni, so how do you do that exactly?

https://portforward.com/

Look on the left for their router model and the ports to open for Xbox One Minecraft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending