The Student Room Group

Completely alone

every influencer and public figure always touts “talk to someone” as the best way to cope with mental health issues, every medical journal reccomends opening up to someone. But my family have abandoned me, I live in social care and have no friends and basically nobody knows I even exist. I’m so tired of being told to open up to people when I’m so alone that nobody knows I even exist.
Reply 1
Well, this is a good step - talking to people online is an option. I'm willing to talk with you if you would like.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling isolated, I can 100% understand where you're coming from.

I hope things improve for you, feel free to PM me or the others on this thread if you just want a chat. I know chatting online is not the same as having somebody there for you in person, but it's a lot better than nothing.

Take care.
Reply 3
Original post by JadeMarie27
every influencer and public figure always touts “talk to someone” as the best way to cope with mental health issues, every medical journal reccomends opening up to someone. But my family have abandoned me, I live in social care and have no friends and basically nobody knows I even exist. I’m so tired of being told to open up to people when I’m so alone that nobody knows I even exist.

Hey there, I'm really sorry you feel this way; no-one should feel alone.

I'm not sure what age you are, but are there any staff in school / university that you could talk to? If not, any members of your support system that you feel able to open up to?

You've already opened up here, and that's admirable and you should be proud.

I've never met you, and I care.
Please pm me or reply on here if you'd like someone to listen to you- I'd be honored to hear you.

Wishing you the best :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Dulux
Grow the **** up

wtf is wrong with you?
Reply 5
Original post by Chorky
wtf is wrong with you?

Op is the one who’s crying and has something wrong with them
Reply 6
Original post by Dulux
Op is the one who’s crying and has something wrong with them

this is like the second or third post I've seen you being horrible to the people asking for help? Why? Does it give you some sort of power trip?
Original post by Dulux
Grow the **** up

Ironic because you seem like the one who needs to grow up- with the unwarranted overreaction, foul language and irrational response.
Reply 8
Original post by Chorky
this is like the second or third post I've seen you being horrible to the people asking for help? Why? Does it give you some sort of power trip?

Because people need to stop acting like 5 year olds it’s like oooh I’m depressed trying to get sympathy and get out of doing stuff just because they are “depressed”
Reply 9
Original post by Alienated.
Ironic because you seem like the one who needs to grow up- with the unwarranted overreaction, foul language and irrational response.

I’m not the one depressed though
Reply 10
Original post by Chorky
Ok ok, calm down. Let me educate you for a sec. Just because someone says they find something "depressing" doesn't mean that they are diagnosing themselves with depression. It just means they find it draining, upsetting, drags-them-down, etc.
Besides even if they were, who are you to comment on that? or assume they aren't? this person simply asked for advice, and your first intention was to cause hurt?
I'm beyond amazed.

They put their thread in the mental health forum so clearly they are
@Chorky they're just a troll. Report and move on.
Reply 12
Original post by Dulux
Because people need to stop acting like 5 year olds it’s like oooh I’m depressed trying to get sympathy and get out of doing stuff just because they are “depressed”

No-one said they were depressed? and even if they had, who are you to question that? or even think its acceptable to comment?
Reply 13
Original post by Chorky
No-one said they were depressed? and even if they had, who are you to question that? or even think its acceptable to comment?

They’ve put their thread in the mental health forum so it’s some sort of mental health issue op is crying about. I’m just saying to op grow up because they do need to that’s what people tell me to do so what is so special about op
Reply 14
Original post by Dulux
They’ve put their thread in the mental health forum so it’s some sort of mental health issue op is crying about. I’m just saying to op grow up because they do need to that’s what people tell me to do so what is so special about op

I'm sorry people have said that to you, they shouldn't have.

Mental health problems are a serious topic which should always be treated with sensitivity and respect. Simply telling someone to 'grow up' can be undermining and damaging, it doesn't help. I hope you can understand this, and the reasons behind it. I also hope you feel able to open up and ask for help if you need it, as anyone should be able to, without judgement or disrespect.
Please choose not to comment on something that you can't constructively contribute towards, it doesn't help anyone, and I doubt it makes you feel better either.

Wishing you, and everyone else, all the best :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Chorky
I'm sorry people have said that to you, they shouldn't have.

Mental health problems are a serious topic which should always be treated with sensitivity and respect. Simply telling someone to 'grow up' can be undermining and damaging, it doesn't help. I hope you can understand this, and the reasons behind it. I also hope you feel able to open up and ask for help if you need it, as anyone should be able to, without judgement or disrespect.
Please choose not to comment on something that you can't constructively contribute towards, it doesn't help anyone, and I doubt it makes you feel better either.

Wishing you, and everyone else, all the best :smile:

No but I think it’s for the best to tell someone to grow up because you can’t just sit around crying and feeling sorry for yourself if I didn’t get told to grow up my life would have been ****ed. Getting upset is just life no one is going to be happy 100% of the time that’s just life.

Quick Reply

Latest