The Student Room Group

Healthcare uni interviews

Hi, I'm applying to do occupational therapy and I've got my first interview next week - I was just wondering what kind of stuff to research beforehand and if any current healthcare/OT students have any tips.

Scroll to see replies

hey did you apply for undergrad? That's amazing that you've already got an interview!! Where did you apply, as I'm struggling to make my 5th choice? x
Reply 2
Original post by Tkt12345
hey did you apply for undergrad? That's amazing that you've already got an interview!! Where did you apply, as I'm struggling to make my 5th choice? x

Yeah I did apply for undergrad. I know I really didn’t expect and interview that quickly tbh. I applied to Cardiff, Bournemouth, Southampton, Brunel and Canterbury. Are you applying for occupational therapy too then? X
Original post by ach878
Yeah I did apply for undergrad. I know I really didn’t expect and interview that quickly tbh. I applied to Cardiff, Bournemouth, Southampton, Brunel and Canterbury. Are you applying for occupational therapy too then? X

Yeah i'm thinking of cardiff, southampton, uwe and oxford brookes. Where did you get an interview from? x
Reply 4
Yeah i'm thinking of cardiff, southampton, uwe and oxford brookes. Where did you get an interview from? x

No way what a coincidence with Cardiff and Southampton! I did look at Oxford brookes as well but it wasn’t quite right for me. The interview was from Canterbury Christ church and I had it this morning. X
Original post by ach878
No way what a coincidence with Cardiff and Southampton! I did look at Oxford brookes as well but it wasn’t quite right for me. The interview was from Canterbury Christ church and I had it this morning. X

Yeah southampton is quite far for me so i'm not 100% sure on it. How did the interview go? x
Reply 6
Yeah southampton is quite far for me so i'm not 100% sure on it. How did the interview go? x

Yeah Southampton isn’t my top one tbh - Cardiff is my top one atm. It went well thank you just talked about my personal statement and stuff x
Original post by ach878
Yeah Southampton isn’t my top one tbh - Cardiff is my top one atm. It went well thank you just talked about my personal statement and stuff x

That's good! Good luck for your other offers x
Reply 8
That's good! Good luck for your other offers x

Thank you - you too!! X
Original post by ach878

Hope the interview was a success, it's great you've got some practice to early in the application process!

I'm a student at BU (not OT), so if you have any questions about BU or the local area let me know :-)
Reply 10
Original post by nutristudentbu
Hope the interview was a success, it's great you've got some practice to early in the application process!

I'm a student at BU (not OT), so if you have any questions about BU or the local area let me know :-)

Thank you so much! :smile:
Did you get an offer?! had my interview today
Reply 12
Original post by Kellyrawxx
Did you get an offer?! had my interview today

For which uni?
Any of them
Reply 14
Any of them

Yeah I’ve got an offer from Bournemouth and Canterbury. Wbu?
How fast did you get an offer? Well done! I only had it yesteday and I only applied to Plymouth, I’m praying I get one!
Reply 16
How fast did you get an offer? Well done! I only had it yesteday and I only applied to Plymouth, I’m praying I get one!

Hope it went well!! It did take a while - probably about 2-3 weeks
Ahhh thank you it did! And okay that makes me feel better
Reply 18
Ahhh thank you it did! And okay that makes me feel better

Well done!! Yeah it does take a while
Original post by ach878
Yeah I’ve got an offer from Bournemouth and Canterbury. Wbu?

That's really exciting, well done. Are you waiting on offers from the others? What are your thoughts at the moment, did you get to visit any of the uni's before Covid?

Quick Reply