The Student Room Group

HMRC Surge and Rapid Response Team 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Flx1
I was on the reserve list for Salford but I found out today that I've been given a provisional offer! So happy, just hope all my checks come back ok

Congratulations that’s great news! :h: When did you apply? Best of luck with the checks!
Reply 21
Original post by gink
Congratulations that’s great news! :h: When did you apply? Best of luck with the checks!

I also applied in July! :smile: Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 22
Original post by Flx1
I also applied in July! :smile: Have you heard anything yet?

I had my interview two weeks ago today!
I had my interview about two weeks ago, does anyone know when I can expect to hear back? So annoying how slow they are!
Reply 24
Original post by StellaBella05
I had my interview about two weeks ago, does anyone know when I can expect to hear back? So annoying how slow they are!

I heard back a good month later
Reply 25
Hey everyone, for those successful, how long did you have to wait to receive a provisional offer email? I sent back my ID documents last week and from the email I took that they'd be sending an official provisional offer email but I haven't heard anything?
I work for the Surge team, so if you have any questions, just ask. Message me privately.
hey guys has anyone been offered in edinburgh? just got my provisional offer for edinburgh today :smile:
Original post by trixytwix27
hey guys has anyone been offered in edinburgh? just got my provisional offer for edinburgh today :smile:

Hey! Congratulations! I got mine for Edinburgh today as well, just need to get these pesky documents off now haha! Wonder when we might get a start date, will probably take ages knowing the CS!
Hey! Congratulations! I got mine for Edinburgh today as well, just need to get these pesky documents off now haha! Wonder when we might get a start date, will probably take ages knowing the CS!

omg thats greatttt congratuliations to you too!!! i knoww samee hahaha!! im hoping they contact us christmas time or sooner, but who knows it may actually be january we start knowing covid!!
Original post by trixytwix27
omg thats greatttt congratuliations to you too!!! i knoww samee hahaha!! im hoping they contact us christmas time or sooner, but who knows it may actually be january we start knowing covid!!

Yeah I'm quite relieved as I'd been put on the reserve list for the HMRC customer service one so pleased but a bit surprised tbh! Did better than I expected. Yeah I wonder if we'll start from home, who knows by the time we start, we might be back in the office haha!
Hi everyone. In terms of submitting the documents for the check, is it okay to submit different ones than you used in your interview? I used my passport, provisional driving licence and a bank statement I downloaded and printed from my bank's website, but I don't think the later is valid according to the guidance I was sent. So I was going to use a letter from the DWP confirming my entitlement to JSA. It is dated September 2020 so I'm worried by the time I start it might be out of date. Any help would be much appreciated, as I don't think I could get a hard copy bank statement from the bank within three working days!
Hi everyone. In terms of submitting the documents for the check, is it okay to submit different ones than you used in your interview? I used my passport, provisional driving licence and a bank statement I downloaded and printed from my bank's website, but I don't think the later is valid according to the guidance I was sent. So I was going to use a letter from the DWP confirming my entitlement to JSA. It is dated September 2020 so I'm worried by the time I start it might be out of date. Any help would be much appreciated, as I don't think I could get a hard copy bank statement from the bank within three working days!

Hey surely that should be fine coz it comes under "evidence of entitlement to Dwp benefits" anyway??
Reply 33

Hey I submitted my docs last week for the Salford post. The JSA letter will be fine for now but you might just need something different on your first day in the office. It took me over a week to get the right documents in the end. They've since confirmed I've handed everything in correctly but I'm still waiting to hear re the next stage, which I assume is the link for the SC check!
Reply 34
I’m keen to find out if anyone else has received a formal offer for SRRT in Bristol?

I received mine on Friday and was offered three dates to start. Really looking forward to starting now! It’s been a long, exhausting wait but worth it!

Best of luck to everyone else, whatever stage you might be at in the application process! :smile:
Original post by td1991
I’m keen to find out if anyone else has received a formal offer for SRRT in Bristol?

I received mine on Friday and was offered three dates to start. Really looking forward to starting now! It’s been a long, exhausting wait but worth it!

Best of luck to everyone else, whatever stage you might be at in the application process! :smile:

Hey,

I got mine on Friday too. It's been a long process. Looking forward to starting next month!
Reply 36
Original post by Mudaldinho
Hey,

I got mine on Friday too. It's been a long process. Looking forward to starting next month!

Great news - congrats!! :smile:

where will you be based? Bristol too?
Original post by Mudaldinho
Hey,

How long did u wait for ur start date :smile:
Does anyone know if they request references as part of the checks? I just had a quick look through the form and they didn't ask for any so was wondering if that is later on in the process?

Thanks.
Does anyone know if they request references as part of the checks? I just had a quick look through the form and they didn't ask for any so was wondering if that is later on in the process?

Thanks.

I think its just identification docs for now, afterwards will then be PECS and references 😊 im so excited for this role! Btw have u submitted yours already? I submitted mine yesterday but i forgot to ask them about potential start dates..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending