The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Online Computer Science Admissions Test 2020

Can anyone from last year or this year who has done the online admissions test for Computer Science Undergraduate tell me what kind of questions there are on the test and brought how many. I have read some forums and they all say Maths and Logic Questions. Does anyone have any clue of what topics from A Level Maths. Also what is a logic question - is there any where that I can look at and practice ' logic' questions from. Also I have never done Computer Science GCSE or A Level before so is there anything new that I should go over before the test to help me. Thanks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student.unihelp
Can anyone from last year or this year who has done the online admissions test for Computer Science Undergraduate tell me what kind of questions there are on the test and brought how many. I have read some forums and they all say Maths and Logic Questions. Does anyone have any clue of what topics from A Level Maths. Also what is a logic question - is there any where that I can look at and practice ' logic' questions from. Also I have never done Computer Science GCSE or A Level before so is there anything new that I should go over before the test to help me. Thanks?

I am applying to imperial too, for the computer science (AI and Ml) course.I am lookingfor an answer to this question as well....so looking forward to the replies you receive.
Btw for logic questions you could try the nrich site: https://nrich.maths.org/10352
or even this one to sharpen your math skills: i-want-to-study-engineering.org/
You could try the logic questions from the Oxford MAT although these are relatively harder than all other admission tests ig.

what other universities have you applied to?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I am also applying for the AI and ML course; the test was today!
I believe it was fairly straight forward and got > 70%.
Is this a good range to be in? When do they give responses?
How did you guys think you did?
Original post by RobloxJehangir
I am also applying for the AI and ML course; the test was today!
I believe it was fairly straight forward and got > 70%.
Is this a good range to be in? When do they give responses?
How did you guys think you did?

oh wow good luck! i cant believe it was this early..i thought the test usually happens around late november..do you have any tips? how was the maths?
Reply 4
Original post by goofy_789
oh wow good luck! i cant believe it was this early..i thought the test usually happens around late november..do you have any tips? how was the maths?

My test is on friday so yeah I believe a lot of people are doing it quite early
Original post by nickan2c

what maths do i need to know for it?

ohh all the best! are you applying for comp sci?
Does everyone do the test at the same time, or do they spread it out a bit? I'm applying JMC MEng, and haven't heard back yet, but I know of someone that is doing their test this Friday. Thanks
they do it spread out as some people did it today and others like me have it Friday 30th
has any international applicant got a test email yet???
Is there any reason why they have chosen to give tests to some people before others or is it just alphabetical/date applied?
hey people who received the online test email could you please tell me when you got your acknowledgement email? the one that said that the admission tutors had reviewed it and it had been sent to the department?

hey could you tell me wat kinda questions are on it :smile: I have never done cs before and just wanna know like an example of a question. Thanks xxx
hey could you tell me wat kinda questions are on it :smile: I have never done cs before and just wanna know like an example of a question. Thanks xxx

i havnt sat the test myself yet.. but i do know (from previous years students) that the comp sci questions are not too hard.. questions based on loops, maybe a logic question...cs teacher made us practice some variable change questions and stuff like that.

I guess if you go online and try out basic programming questions from a level past papers and get a feel of them you will be fine.
try this website if ur completely new to cs geeksforgeeks.org

I do cs so feel free to pm me if u have any doubts.
All the best!

i havnt sat the test myself yet.. but i do know (from previous years students) that the comp sci questions are not too hard.. questions based on loops, maybe a logic question...cs teacher made us practice some variable change questions and stuff like that.

I guess if you go online and try out basic programming questions from a level past papers and get a feel of them you will be fine.
try this website if ur completely new to cs https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/

I do cs so feel free to pm me if u have any doubts.
All the best!

Yeahh, what about you?
Yeahh, what about you?

yep me too
Reply 17
is it just me or did other people had problem with the math equations appear as error?
Reply 18
Original post by Crun7
is it just me or did other people had problem with the math equations appear as error?

i'm about to do mine now, what happened?
Original post by Crun7

i think that was the point, i believe you were supposed to say it was undefined

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending