The Student Room Group

Predicted grades?

Hi. How does predicted grades work if you are resitting an exam? I am improving on one of my subjects this summer. Is the predicted grade usually higher than the grade got in the exam (cancelled this year of course) How are they usually decided? Thanks
Original post by etienne26
Hi. How does predicted grades work if you are resitting an exam? I am improving on one of my subjects this summer. Is the predicted grade usually higher than the grade got in the exam (cancelled this year of course) How are they usually decided? Thanks

The predicted grade should be what the teacher realistically thinks you could achieve on a good day. So not necessarily higher than the grade you got given in the summer.

Hi I’m also sitting one sub in the summer after sitting one in autum. I asked my head of 6th form and he said the prediction will be one higher than cag so for me my cag was a C so my prediction will be a B.
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
The predicted grade should be what the teacher realistically thinks you could achieve on a good day. So not necessarily higher than the grade you got given in the summer.

Thanks for the reply. What data would they use though to make that judgement considering I'm not in school anymore? Do they set a mock test or use my results from last year?
Thanks for the reply. What data would they use though to make that judgement considering I'm not in school anymore? Do they set a mock test or use my results from last year?

They would look at your results from last year in tests and also in courseworks/homeworks - anything really
School staff are usually 'optimistic' and will predict you a good grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending