The Student Room Group

Am I over/under-estimsating myself???

I'm planning to apply to Kings (for ppl and law), Warwick, Nottingham and NCH (all for law). I'm doing IB and I'm predicted 40 points (that's with the 3 extra points). I have a 667 for hl (lit, geo and history), and my geo teacher is willing to bump me up a point but yeah idk about my choices so far. What do you guys think? Should I aim higher or am I already too ambitious?

Edit: If it helps I think a 667 is a AAA* equivalent in the UK
(edited 3 years ago)
I reckon it's always sensible to have 1-2 ambitious choices, 1-2 fairly safe choices and 1-2 security choices (distributed as you will - I only had 1 security as my course wasn't offered in a lot of unis!). I don't understand your grading system, but hopefully this helps :smile:
Original post by redmeercat
I reckon it's always sensible to have 1-2 ambitious choices, 1-2 fairly safe choices and 1-2 security choices (distributed as you will - I only had 1 security as my course wasn't offered in a lot of unis!). I don't understand your grading system, but hopefully this helps

It's around an A*AA (edited that in). I'm usually an A* student for geo but online learning took a toll on me and my grades but my teacher is willing to change that. King's is my first choice and they require a 35, the rest all require higher for some reason??? Thats why I'm not so sure about this whole "1 ambitious, 2-3 safe, 1-2 security" thing
Original post by lettucegoestouni
It's around an A*AA (edited that in). I'm usually an A* student for geo but online learning took a toll on me and my grades but my teacher is willing to change that. King's is my first choice and they require a 35, the rest all require higher for some reason??? Thats why I'm not so sure about this whole "1 ambitious, 2-3 safe, 1-2 security" thing

If these are the unis you want to apply to, go for it - there's always UCAS extra and clearing if it doesn't go your way... I reckon they look like good choices... If there's one that you're less keen on you might think about swapping it, but don't change it to somewhere you wouldn't want to go.
I'm planning to apply to Kings (for ppl and law), Warwick, Nottingham and NCH (all for law). I'm doing IB and I'm predicted 40 points (that's with the 3 extra points). I have a 667 for hl (lit, geo and history), and my geo teacher is willing to bump me up a point but yeah idk about my choices so far. What do you guys think? Should I aim higher or am I already too ambitious?

If 667 is equivalent to A*AA then your choices look fine although you will also need to do well on the LNAT of course for Kings and Notts.

What is NCH though :confused:
Original post by harrysbar
I
What is NCH though :confused:

New College of the Humanities.
I would suggest that no-one applies for this - its an expensive rival London college set up by disaffected UoL staff.
It doesnt have a great reputation, and it cost £££.
Original post by McGinger
New College of the Humanities.
I would suggest that no-one applies for this - its an expensive rival London college set up by disaffected UoL staff.
It doesnt have a great reputation, and it cost £££.

Oh thanks... never heard of it

Heya! i'm in the ib and applying for law as well I'm also applying to Warwick and king's too. I definitely think u're not being too ambitious u have a good chance at getting in. As for aiming higher if u want u should go for it but make sure u have some safety schools and targets as well (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending