The Student Room Group

Driving lessons?

How much did you spend on driving lessons altogether?
Also, how long did it take you to pass?
Reply 1
Original post by shahbaaz
How much did you spend on driving lessons altogether?
Also, how long did it take you to pass?

£0.00

A few weeks.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
£0.00

A few weeks.

how?!!?!?!?!?!?!
Reply 3
Original post by shahbaaz
How??????

By not paying for driving lessons.
My sister spent a lot of money on her lessons etc. My first bit of advice is to budget carefully and do a lot of research. Also make brief notes. Keep a spreadsheet of expenses as well each week. She passed her test eventually. Another top tip, pay attention to trains, other cars, lights and other road users in addition.

Make sure to keep on top of road rules and also stay on the ball. I also suggest doing a top up refresher course each year as a means of updating your driving skills and abilities.

Pick a local qualified driving instructor you truly trust on top of that. Read some reviews online first. Research local established driving schools in the area online. That way you will know if you have a great instructor or not, this is obviously way more important than merely saving yourself a lot of cash or time when it comes to the actual lesson. Look on websites, call or email schools. Alternatively check on Yelp or Facebook, most trustworthy driving schools now have a active page or account on there.
Trust your instinct. Best wishes to you. Carry around a pen for note taking. I would also buy flashcards on which you can write down the road rules, and other important facts.
Reply 5
Original post by tinygirl96
My sister spent a lot of money on her lessons etc. My first bit of advice is to budget carefully and do a lot of research. Also make brief notes. Keep a spreadsheet of expenses as well each week. She passed her test eventually. Another top tip, pay attention to trains, other cars, lights and other road users in addition.

Make sure to keep on top of road rules and also stay on the ball. I also suggest doing a top up refresher course each year as a means of updating your driving skills and abilities.

Pick a local qualified driving instructor you truly trust on top of that. Read some reviews online first. Research local established driving schools in the area online. That way you will know if you have a great instructor or not, this is obviously way more important than merely saving yourself a lot of cash or time when it comes to the actual lesson. Look on websites, call or email schools. Alternatively check on Yelp or Facebook, most trustworthy driving schools now have a active page or account on there.
Trust your instinct. Best wishes to you. Carry around a pen for note taking. I would also buy flashcards on which you can write down the road rules, and other important facts.

I'll do that, thanks very much

Quick Reply

Latest