The Student Room Group

Aldi Area Manager Graduate 2021

Hi all. I applied for the Graduate Area Manager role for Aldi earlier and went through an assortment of tests, which ultimately led to me being successful and sending off an application.

However, I haven't received a confirmation email. Is this normal? Are others experiencing this too for those that have applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I applied I got a confirmation email after the inital form, then an invitation to the online tests (from Penna Resourcing). The next email I got was a few days later and was an invitation to the video interview, so I didn’t get a confirmation after doing the tests!!
Reply 2
Just wondering what people’s experience with the process are, and how long it takes end to end (if anyone’s got that far yet).

I’ve seen that the normal process after video interview is an assessment centre, however I doubt that will be possible in the current climate.
Does anyone know what they’ve replaced that with?

I’ve also seen that they’ve closed applications for 3 regions already too!
Original post by CB2011
Just wondering what people’s experience with the process are, and how long it takes end to end (if anyone’s got that far yet).

I’ve seen that the normal process after video interview is an assessment centre, however I doubt that will be possible in the current climate.

Can't speak for the rest of your questions, but I believe it will be a virtual AC of some kind.
Hi,
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago now and heard nothing back.
Do you think it’s worth me contacting them?
Original post by Becky__36
Hi,
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago now and heard nothing back.
Do you think it’s worth me contacting them?

I'm the same, think we roughly applied at the same time. I just think it's going to be a long process, but if you do decide to contact them, if you don't mind sharing what they said I'll be grateful. If I don't hear back within 8 weeks I'll certainly give it a shot.
Reply 6
Original post by CB2011

The assessment centre is actually still taking place in-person, in Bolton. I'm amazed it's allowed, but they say it will be in small groups.
Yeah of course. I will most likely email them later today and let you know what they say. I was reading that people had got an acceptance a few days later so it worries me. Which region did you apply for may I ask?
Original post by Khanthebrit
I'm the same, think we roughly applied at the same time. I just think it's going to be a long process, but if you do decide to contact them, if you don't mind sharing what they said I'll be grateful. If I don't hear back within 8 weeks I'll certainly give it a shot.
Yeah of course. I will most likely email them later today and let you know what they say. I was reading that people had got an acceptance a few days later so it worries me. Which region did you apply for may I ask?

Thank you. I applied for the Sheppey region. Wbu?

Just an update. They emailed me saying they're experiencing a high number of apps and it's taking longer than usual. They said we'll be notified of the outcome.
Just an update. They emailed me saying they're experiencing a high number of apps and it's taking longer than usual. They said we'll be notified of the outcome.

I applied for Swindon! I just came on here to let you know that they’re experiencing a high volume too. Thankyou.

Just got an email off then to do the Saville Assessment. Hope all goes well for you!
Just got an email off then to do the Saville Assessment. Hope all goes well for you!

Good luck, let me know how it goes. Nothing on my end, fingers-crossed it may just be different regions having different response times.
Original post by hendo315
The assessment centre is actually still taking place in-person, in Bolton. I'm amazed it's allowed, but they say it will be in small groups.

Have you had any update about this? Mine was supposed to be in Bolton in November, but I don't think that can happen now. Has any one heard anything?

Hey, I also got the email for the Saville Assessment. I completed it, thought it went ok.

Do you know when we hear back from the Assessment? Have you heard back? Do you get given any feedback?
Hey, I also got the email for the Saville Assessment. I completed it, thought it went ok.

Do you know when we hear back from the Assessment? Have you heard back? Do you get given any feedback?

Yeah, I just heard feedback within an hour after I did it saying I was successful. How about you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah, I just heard feedback within an hour after I did it saying I was successful. How about you?

Yeah, I was successful too, I'm onto a video interview now. Heard back a few days after. Good luck with the interview.
Yeah, I was successful too, I'm onto a video interview now. Heard back a few days after. Good luck with the interview.

Welldone.
I have just completed mine. I only got given 6 questions, which were different to the 9 questions I prepped for. Kind of annoyed; but ah well.
I’ve been given 30th November as date for my assessment centre. It’s taking place virtually but the email they send still says Bolton, you need to ignore location
Original post by Hooopeeer
I’ve been given 30th November as date for my assessment centre. It’s taking place virtually but the email they send still says Bolton, you need to ignore location

Congratulations. How long did it take to hear back from the video interview?

I'm not feeling very confident tbh. Thought the interview went pretty badly but who knows, fingers-crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest