The Student Room Group

EU Student Application - Problems with the NIN

Hello!
I’ve applied on Monday for a master’s loan. I’m going to post my national ID soon, but I’m currently not in UK due to the covid-19 situation, so I have some doubts regarding the UK account and the National Insurance Number.
I don’t mind going to London for a month, if necessary, to be able to get the UK account and apply for the NIN (It would be the first time I have one), but yesterday I called the number for information about the NIN and they said in the recorded message that right now they are not issuing NINs to EU citizens, so I’m a little bit lost about what to do, especially with the Brexit approaching. Furthermore, in their website it appeared “You can apply for a National Insurance number as part of your application for benefits or a student loan.” What does it entail? Can I apply through you?
Also, will you start considering my application once you receive my ID or you won’t be able to do it till I get the NIN and the UK bank account?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Daryl2606
Hello!
I’ve applied on Monday for a master’s loan. I’m going to post my national ID soon, but I’m currently not in UK due to the covid-19 situation, so I have some doubts regarding the UK account and the National Insurance Number.
I don’t mind going to London for a month, if necessary, to be able to get the UK account and apply for the NIN (It would be the first time I have one), but yesterday I called the number for information about the NIN and they said in the recorded message that right now they are not issuing NINs to EU citizens, so I’m a little bit lost about what to do, especially with the Brexit approaching. Furthermore, in their website it appeared “You can apply for a National Insurance number as part of your application for benefits or a student loan.” What does it entail? Can I apply through you?
Also, will you start considering my application once you receive my ID or you won’t be able to do it till I get the NIN and the UK bank account?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, EU applicants don't need to provide a National Insurance Number, you will see this on the to do list but you can disregard the request.

You must provide valid ID and valid UK bank account details.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, EU applicants don't need to provide a National Insurance Number, you will see this on the to do list but you can disregard the request.

You must provide valid ID and valid UK bank account details.
Thanks, Isaac

Isaac you just made my day!
Thank you so much for your quick reply and your help!
Original post by Daryl2606
Isaac you just made my day!
Thank you so much for your quick reply and your help!

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending