The Student Room Group

Please help me xxx

My wisdom teeth are infected and it’s making my whole body feel ill. I have antibiotics but they haven’t worked yet and painkillers aren’t touching the sides. They’re honestly so sore I can’t think and I’m trying to understand an essay criteria and it’s not even hard but I can barely focus my mind

Can someone explain what ‘involves a critical evaluation of relevant literature ‘means in simple terms LOL

Thankyou xx
Original post by pink00
My wisdom teeth are infected and it’s making my whole body feel ill. I have antibiotics but they haven’t worked yet and painkillers aren’t touching the sides. They’re honestly so sore I can’t think and I’m trying to understand an essay criteria and it’s not even hard but I can barely focus my mind

Can someone explain what ‘involves a critical evaluation of relevant literature ‘means in simple terms LOL

Thankyou xx

What do you mean they are infected?
Reply 2
Original post by sunny.side.up
What do you mean they are infected?

Idk, the dentist couldn’t see me bc Covid but they just said it sounds like they’re infected and gave me antibiotics and mouthwash, I can see a big hole in my jaw next to where the tooth’s coming in and there’s white spots around it
Original post by pink00
Idk, the dentist couldn’t see me bc Covid but they just said it sounds like they’re infected and gave me antibiotics and mouthwash, I can see a big hole in my jaw next to where the tooth’s coming in and there’s white spots around it

I've never heard of that before? Is there discoloring?
Reply 4
I've never heard of that before? Is there discoloring?

Idk, it’s just like a home with a white bit in the middle and it’s raised and red around it. It looks a bit like an inverted ulcer
Original post by pink00
Idk, it’s just like a home with a white bit in the middle and it’s raised and red around it. It looks a bit like an inverted ulcer

I'm not sure. I've never heard of anything like that. Is it a cavity?
Reply 6
I'm not sure. I've never heard of anything like that. Is it a cavity?

No there’s no hole in the tooth it’s next to it
They need to do a swab to get the right antibiotics. Maybe you can wash your mouth with salt water and turmeric to calm the infection.
:ta: (PRSOM)

OP, I can’t give you a diagnosis over the internet obviously but it does sound like an infection associated with your wisdom tooth which is common.
Have you taken your antibiotics and mouthwash as instructed for the period of time they were prescribed for? It’s very important that you continue with the full antibiotic course and comply with the mouthwash.

If so, and the pain continues, you should really call your dentist and ask to be seen. I believe dentists are now taking more patients than they did during the initial lockdown (albeit less than pre-covid) as new Covid-19 guidelines and protocols have been established.

Quick Reply

Latest