The Student Room Group

G100 or G103

I recently applied to several unis for the 3 year G100 maths course, but now im seeing everyone else is applying for the 4 year MMaths G103.

Are applications for these 2 courses dealt with equally? seeing as they are pretty much the same course for the first year, or is it better off me requesting unis to change my application to the integrated masters?
I’ve applied for the G100 courses (except for one with a placement year), i really don’t think it matters because all students do exactly the same thing for the first 3 years, so it would make sense that all our applications are dealt with the same way. I’m pretty sure that if you want to do a masters at the same uni for the same course, you just have to ask and you’re pretty much guaranteed to do it.
Reply 2
Original post by izzxm
I’ve applied for the G100 courses (except for one with a placement year), i really don’t think it matters because all students do exactly the same thing for the first 3 years, so it would make sense that all our applications are dealt with the same way. I’m pretty sure that if you want to do a masters at the same uni for the same course, you just have to ask and you’re pretty much guaranteed to do it.

okay thanks. I know they are interchangeable during the course, im just kinda scared they'd prefer applicants who opt for the 4 year as it shows more commitment and promise? idk. should treat both courses like theyre the same
Original post by armanbit58
I recently applied to several unis for the 3 year G100 maths course, but now im seeing everyone else is applying for the 4 year MMaths G103.

Are applications for these 2 courses dealt with equally? seeing as they are pretty much the same course for the first year, or is it better off me requesting unis to change my application to the integrated masters?

It might depend on the individual university. Which one/s are you talking about?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
It might depend on the individual university. Which one/s are you talking about?

Warwick is my first choice, everyone else I've seen applying there has chosen the integrated masters
Original post by armanbit58
okay thanks. I know they are interchangeable during the course, im just kinda scared they'd prefer applicants who opt for the 4 year as it shows more commitment and promise? idk. should treat both courses like theyre the same

Yeah i’m sure they will treat everyone equally, hopefully🤞🏼. If you’re really worried about it, then i guess you could change to the 4 year course (if it’s not too late) but i wouldn’t worry about it too much
Reply 6
Original post by izzxm
Yeah i’m sure they will treat everyone equally, hopefully🤞🏼. If you’re really worried about it, then i guess you could change to the 4 year course (if it’s not too late) but i wouldn’t worry about it too much

I emailed Warwick asking for their opinion and if they treat them differently so hopefully I get a response soon
Reply 7
Some unis have slightly higher entry requirements for their 4 year courses, but most of them say it's completely irrelevant which one you apply to, since it's easy to switch once you're there (up until the end of 2nd year usually).
In my experience, where the entry requirements are identical, they're treated exactly the same.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
In my experience, where the entry requirements are identical, they're treated exactly the same.

okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest