The Student Room Group
What program were you doing it in?
Most have an auto save function if the computer just switches off and would be in recoverable files.
Original post by GabiAbi84
What program were you doing it in?
Most have an auto save function if the computer just switches off and would be in recoverable files.

It was Word document.
I've checked it didn't save at all, I was using the online version instead of the app,
Original post by Nialler x
So I was finishing my NEA for Literature so I could send it to my teacher and next thing my laptop shuts on me! :eek: I turn it on again and stuff and I've lost EVRYTHING!! All my work has gone down the drain :cry:

Wtf do I do??

I've already went past the deadline (not the real deadline)

Urghhhh I'm so stressed!

Check if their is file recovery microsoft docs often save in case a computer crashes.

No use now but:
Save to a hard storage type & a cloud service and always regularly update.

I once lost like 10 hours work from my undergrad dissertation due to a crashed computer, ive never made such a mistake again.
Yeah as I don't have the app on my laptop.

So the real deadline is where our coursework gets sent to the exam board and marked and the deadline is where my teacher goes through it and gives me feedback on it,

It does but for some reason it didn't save.

Original post by mnot
Check if their is file recovery microsoft docs often save in case a computer crashes.

No use now but:
Save to a hard storage type & a cloud service and always regularly update.

I once lost like 10 hours work from my undergrad dissertation due to a crashed computer, ive never made such a mistake again.

Is this the app version or the online one or both?
Nah I didn't.

Should I just email my teacher and see what he says?
Original post by Nialler x

Is this the app version or the online one or both?

I think it saves them to a cache on the computer normally, its probably best to look on youtube on how to search for recovery files on Microsoft programs its been a while since ive used this.
Original post by mnot
I think it saves them to a cache on the computer normally, its probably best to look on youtube on how to search for recovery files on Microsoft programs its been a while since ive used this.

Okay, I'll give it a go!

Thank you :smile:
Awww it's okay, gotta stay strong :yep:
I will and thank you!
Luckily he's really nice so he won't get mad or anything :biggrin:
That's why it's important to have backups 👍
didn't mean to go anon sorry

Latest

Trending

Trending