The Student Room Group

Science revision

Should I have 3 seperate notebooks for all three sciences or just 1 for all of my revision notes?
Original post by Bri04
Should I have 3 seperate notebooks for all three sciences or just 1 for all of my revision notes?

Yes so its more easier to revise later on
Reply 2
For me personally I find it easier to have different notebooks for all my classes. For the science subjects I chose I use different notebook for revision because of the amount of information that I am given. This helps me to be more organised as well.
Reply 3
So yes you should have different notebooks for the 3 sciences.
Original post by Sadie.s
For me personally I find it easier to have different notebooks for all my classes. For the science subjects I chose I use different notebook for revision because of the amount of information that I am given. This helps me to be more organised as well.

Yeah, same for my school
Original post by Sadie.s
So yes you should have different notebooks for the 3 sciences.

Yes. :smile:

Perhaps, a different colour for each subject?
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n
Yes. :smile:

Perhaps, a different colour for each subject?

yeah, i use different colours for each subject.
Flashcards are good for memorising any key facts and definitions and vocabulary too. You can even make up a practice question on the front of a card and write up the answer on the back. You can either order a complete set online from Amazon or buy some at a local bookshop instead. I recommend them fully. Also you can get textbooks from your local bookshop or purchase them directly online from the company website etc as well.

Use the flashcards to make brief summary notes too. Another good way to use the flashcards is as a part of a interesting fun revision game in a revision session. You can also try using them to memorise essential key dates whenever possible of mega important scientific discoveries that were made previously.
Also you can squeeze revision topics and page numbers onto them if you have a really hard time remembering what you have previously revised at home or studied in the lesson at school and on what page.
Pay attention to the number of marks which are awarded for each question and use this to plan your answer to any old exam questions. Good luck to you. Keep track of all revision topics on a piece of plain white paper or in a plain blue notebook.

Quick Reply