The Student Room Group

Co-Workers at work make me depressed.

One of them is an annoying little weasel, the other one is a psychopath who answers everything in a flat voice. Dealing with all this, my mental health struggles throughout the day, last shift I nearly had a breakdown.

I genuinely don’t know how I am going to get through my next shift.
Original post by VengeanceQuest
One of them is an annoying little weasel, the other one is a psychopath who answers everything in a flat voice. Dealing with all this, my mental health struggles throughout the day, last shift I nearly had a breakdown.

Have you spoken to them about it? And also if they don't stop annoying you, I would say speak to your manager about it.
You haven't really given any real reasons for not getting on with them...
I know the feeling. :smile:
At three of jobs my favourite coworkers are the guard dogs.
Other coworkers are a mix of toxic waste: entitled jerks, english hating food snobs, gropers, legal sharks, petty tyrants and vicious conspiracy theorists.

Just try to focus on the paycheck, keep as much distance between yourself & the nastiest coworkers as possible and develop effective coping mechanisms to get through the day.
Above all don't respond aggressively to anything coworkers do/say/write/dump on your desk and pretend not to notice all attempts to insult you or goad any reaction.
I wonder how they see you?
Original post by londonmyst
I know the feeling. :smile:
At three of jobs my favourite coworkers are the guard dogs.
Other coworkers are a mix of toxic waste: entitled jerks, english hating food snobs, gropers, legal sharks, petty tyrants and vicious conspiracy theorists.

Just try to focus on the paycheck, keep as much distance between yourself & the nastiest coworkers as possible and develop effective coping mechanisms to get through the day.
Above all don't respond aggressively to anything coworkers do/say/write/dump on your desk and pretend not to notice all attempts to insult you or goad any reaction.

You can't always ignore them though. Informing them that you will report them and being assertive will keep them on their toes. Document and if all else fails, take it up with management. Also, keep on the look out for new jobs with better pay and facilities etc.
Original post by VengeanceQuest

You can't always ignore them though. Informing them that you will report them and being assertive will keep them on their toes. Document and if all else fails, take it up with management. Also, keep on the look out for new jobs with better pay and facilities etc.
Original post by TheMightyKind

You'd go to manager to report someone for talking in a flat voice? And you don't think that might look... bad?
Original post by StriderHort
You'd go to manager to report someone for talking in a flat voice? And you don't think that might look... bad?

Oh sorry, I meant if someone is bullying you/annoying you intentionally. You'd speak to them first to stop, if they don't speak to the manager.
Original post by TheMightyKind
Oh sorry, I meant if someone is bullying you/annoying you intentionally. You'd speak to them first to stop, if they don't speak to the manager.

Yeah you need to clarify that, the advice you gave the OP could get them sacked if they were daft enough to follow it unquestioned, and could be avoided with reading the OP clearly before replying.

(TBH I suspect the OP isn't blameless anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending