The Student Room Group

What to expect at sixth form/ college interview

I have a college interview on November 3rd and it is online on Microsoft teams. What should I expect and how is it going to be like? I'm really nervous about it. Do I have to dress smart, Do have to show my face?
it depends what kind of sixth form i guess - whether its prestigious or not. in my experience i just wore casual clothes and it was quite a casual chat :smile:. we just spoke about what subjects i was thinking of taking, my predicted grades and what i wanted to pursue in the future. in hindsight, its really nothing to worry about, but they will be understanding if you are as teachers have to deal with a lot of different kinds of students.
i don't know whether or not you'll have to show your face though! if you don't then you won't have to worry about what to wear haha
Original post by Alaska87222
it depends what kind of sixth form i guess - whether its prestigious or not. in my experience i just wore casual clothes and it was quite a casual chat :smile:. we just spoke about what subjects i was thinking of taking, my predicted grades and what i wanted to pursue in the future. in hindsight, its really nothing to worry about, but they will be understanding if you are as teachers have to deal with a lot of different kinds of students.
i don't know whether or not you'll have to show your face though! if you don't then you won't have to worry about what to wear haha

Aha, thank you! I have no clue about my predicted grades if they ask what should I say?
Expect basic skills tests. When I applied nine years ago, I had to do some key skills assessments beforehand as well as go for a induction day later on.
Original post by yourstruly101
Aha, thank you! I have no clue about my predicted grades if they ask what should I say?

maybe your past mocks if you have any? could you possibly email your teachers and see if they have them?
Original post by tinygirl96
Expect basic skills tests. When I applied nine years ago, I had to do some key skills assessments beforehand as well as go for a induction day later on.

How do you mean?
Original post by Alaska87222
maybe your past mocks if you have any? could you possibly email your teachers and see if they have them?

My mocks from year 10 weren't really completed to the full due to coronavirus. I only know my English language and I got really bad :/
How do you mean?

Basic numeracy and literacy tests
Basic numeracy and literacy tests

oh okayy
Hey, I had mine in school so I was just in uniform and didn’t have to do any tests for it beforehand and I had mine a year ago. They asked me about my mocks and predicted grades, what subjects I’d like to take and also any hobbies I have. Every interview is different though but it’s nothing to worry about!
Original post by hollie1928
Hey, I had mine in school so I was just in uniform and didn’t have to do any tests for it beforehand and I had mine a year ago. They asked me about my mocks and predicted grades, what subjects I’d like to take and also any hobbies I have. Every interview is different though but it’s nothing to worry about!

Thank you x I wish I could do it school, haha
Also bring a pen and notebook for contact details.
Thank you x I wish I could do it school, haha

Yeah it would be easier! But I’m sure they’ll make you comfortable and in my case anyway it was very relaxed I think calling it an ‘interview’ makes it seem really daunting.
Also bring a pen and notebook for contact details.

thanks x
Original post by hollie1928
Yeah it would be easier! But I’m sure they’ll make you comfortable and in my case anyway it was very relaxed I think calling it an ‘interview’ makes it seem really daunting.

Yeah so true!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending