The Student Room Group

KS3 Discussion Thread

so I think that ks3 doesnt really get much recagnition so I want to chage that!

TALK ABOUT:
experience
first of year 7 ( we all been there)
first time getting hw
how you dealt with tests(did you revise,or just not care)
did you get bullied or were you popular?(btw my heart goes out all who were bullied:frown:)
how were your parent evenings?
and finally did you take the CAT test (ik I did and I just want to know what it is)

btw-im not telling you what to write I just listed some things for you to talk about if you're stuck:h:

feel free to talk about funny stories and such...

imma tag some peeps
@SuperiorPotato
@Rufus the red
@jellybellyb
@M_Zara
@sunny.side.up(I get you're american but still)
@H4ttie03
@TSKR
@Vapordave
@StopRightThere
@PewNews
@TSR User_123
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nikkiblonsky

TALK ABOUT:
experience
first time getting hw
did you get bullied or were you popular?(btw my heart goes out all who were bullied:frown:)
and finally did you take the CAT test (ik I did and I just want to know what it is)

btw-im not telling you what to write I just listed some things for you to talk about if you're stuck:h:

imma tag some peeps
@SuperiorPotato
@Rufus the red
@jellybellyb
@M_Zara
@H4ttie03
@TSKR
@Vapordave
@StopRightThere
@PewNews
@TSR User_123

you didn't tag me :colonhash:

TALK ABOUT:
experience
first time getting hw

Experience with what?
Year 7 was not good for me. I acted up just to be popular. I was scared of not being accepted because of family issues.
Hmm, I think I was in Kindergarden, and we were supposed to draw a picture or something. :dontknow:
I always study/revise before tests!!! :work:
I was pretty popular in middle school. I wasn't myself though, I was acting how other people wanted me too. I wish I could go back and change that. :erm:
Bad.
Not sure what the CAT test is.
Original post by ^_^/
you didn't tag me :colonhash:

oops your so irrelevant I forgot bout you, anyways im not gonna derail this thread so yh
Original post by sunny.side.up
Experience with what?
Year 7 was not good for me. I acted up just to be popular. I was scared of not being accepted because of family issues.
Hmm, I think I was in Kindergarden, and we were supposed to draw a picture or something. :dontknow:
I was pretty popular in middle school. I wasn't myself though, I was acting how other people wanted me too. I wish I could go back and change that. :erm:
Bad.

hmmm maybe its a british thing...yr7 is like 6th grade for you guys right? also STUDY TIPS PLS
Reply 5
yr 7 was a weird year
i would be floating around people and moving around to different sets of ppl
i would revise for tests
my parent eveings were amazing
what is a CAT?
i never did one

oops your so irrelevant I forgot bout you, anyways im not gonna derail this thread so yh

:colonhash:
Reply 6
Experience with what?
Bad.

:console:

TALK ABOUT:
experience
first time getting hw

imma tag some peeps
@SuperiorPotato
@Rufus the red
@jellybellyb
@M_Zara
@H4ttie03
@TSKR
@Vapordave
@StopRightThere
@PewNews
@TSR User_123

1. Hated year 7, worst year no cap.
2. Lol i remember stressing about having 2 hws a fortnight like wtf that's nothing lmao
3. I didnt revise back then as I thought it was pointless
4. I got teased/bullied a lot as I was quite shy back then (I'm v confident and outgoing now) honestly I'm a completely different person to how I was then.
5. Lol I liked parents evenings but I hated all the compliments (no joke I cried once as there were too many lmao)
6. No I did SATS in year 6 tho
Reply 8
1. Hell. It was pure hell.
2. Drifted from my old friends, got some new ones.
3. Lots. There was a silly amount, especially when my school also pushed sports.
4. Didnt care.
5. I was considered popular but got my fair share of bullying from within the group.
6. Parent evenings?
7. We took something similar, though we take it every year.
You tagged sunny and shes american too, so I think Im allowed to answer? :lol:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
1. Hell. It was pure hell.
2. Drifted from my old friends, got some new ones.
3. Lots. There was a silly amount, especially when my school also pushed sports.
4. Didnt care.
5. I was considered popular but got my fair share of bullying from within the group.
6. Parent evenings?
7. We took something similar, though we take it every year.
You tagged sunny and shes american too, so I think Im allowed to answer? :lol:

ofc :five:
Original post by H4ttie03
1. Hated year 7, worst year no cap.
2. Lol i remember stressing about having 2 hws a fortnight like wtf that's nothing lmao
3. I didnt revise back then as I thought it was pointless
4. I got teased/bullied a lot as I was quite shy back then (I'm v confident and outgoing now) honestly I'm a completely different person to how I was then.
5. Lol I liked parents evenings but I hated all the compliments (no joke I cried once as there were too many lmao)
6. No I did SATS in year 6 tho

looking bac on sats they're so easy LMFAO
looking bac on sats they're so easy LMFAO

Ikr lmaoo but I didnt do v well on them so all my gcse target predictions were so low but thankfully I still got good grades
I thought you didn't like me Nikki :nothing: Why would you tag me? :colonhash:
hmmm maybe its a british thing...yr7 is like 6th grade for you guys right? also STUDY TIPS PLS

No, year 7, is 7th grade here. What is it there?

Lol, usually to study I just make flash cards, or make several pre-test to make sure I understand the concept. I continue to do those until its stuck in my head. :lol:

Lol, usually to study I just make flash cards, or make several pre-test to make sure I understand the concept. I continue to do those until its stuck in my head. :lol:

yr7 is the first yr of ks3 also wat you mean pre tests?
Original post by jellybellyb
I thought you didn't like me Nikki :nothing: Why would you tag me? :colonhash:

does it matter?
I found out my old yr 6 class blog is still up

I know this question wasn't for me, but I decided to answer anyway. :biggrin:
Year 7 is what is considered 6th grade for you and given that, you can assume that Year 8 is your 7th grade. I believe the reason for this is because when you have 'kindergarten' it's seen as our first year of school hence, 'Year 1' for us.

does it matter?

Yes. Yes, it does. :h:
Original post by jellybellyb
I know this question wasn't for me, but I decided to answer anyway. :biggrin:
Year 7 is what is considered 6th grade for you and given that, you can assume that Year 8 is your 7th grade. I believe the reason for this is because when you have 'kindergarten' it's seen as our first year of school hence, 'Year 1' for us.

Yes. Yes, it does. :h:

just be thankful I tagged you and answer the question
https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/secondary-books/ks3

did anybody use these books or did you use any books for ks3 at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending