The Student Room Group

OCR Creative iMedia GCSE

Hello!

I'm in year 11 and doing iMedia as one of my subjects. I am predicted high results but I find the course really difficult! Personally, I am aiming for a level 2 D or level 2 D* (preferably the latter!)
Has anyone done this at GCSE and done well, do you have any tips for both coursework and the exam!

Thank you in advance!
Original post by luvhmuni
Hello! This is not really advice but I'm currently in Year 10 doing iMedia. I suggest looking at the exam specs, they should have it on the board website you are doing (I'm doing Cambridge National) That will help a lot for coursework. Also what are you doing? I'm currently doing graphics :smile:

No worries! Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been busy with mocks and stuff but if you want some help in the future with iMedia (if it's the same module obviously or the exam!), just pop me a message and I will be happy to help! :smile:

I am also doing Cambridge national and I'm not sure what modules we do but I have the specifications somewhere.
Reply 2
Aim to get really high in the coursework element - I got around 53/54 marks in each coursework element which got me around an D/D* in just the coursework element. When it came to the actual exam, LEARN THE CONTENT!!!! during the christmas break of year 11, focus solely on your exam for it and you will ace it if you attempt every past paper. Do not just attempt them, but analyse the mark schemes and see what they want you to say for some of the questions as they can be quite specific (if you're wondering.... I got 57/60 in my exam)
Original post by thewannabevegan
Hello!

I'm in year 11 and doing iMedia as one of my subjects. I am predicted high results but I find the course really difficult! Personally, I am aiming for a level 2 D or level 2 D* (preferably the latter!)
Has anyone done this at GCSE and done well, do you have any tips for both coursework and the exam!

Thank you in advance!

I’m in the very same boat as you. Have you had to do a mock exam for the course already? I plan on practicing past papers after Christmas to revise for the exam.
I hope that it goes great for you!
Original post by e l a
I’m in the very same boat as you. Have you had to do a mock exam for the course already? I plan on practicing past papers after Christmas to revise for the exam.
I hope that it goes great for you!

Hello!
Yes we've done a mock exam last month and manyyy previously. I'm definitely putting some time aside at the moment to do some revision with recapping key terms and past papers but I'm feeling okay. Good luck for January!!
Reply 5
Hello!
Yes we've done a mock exam last month and manyyy previously. I'm definitely putting some time aside at the moment to do some revision with recapping key terms and past papers but I'm feeling okay. Good luck for January!!

Heyyyyyy! I am also doing OCR Cambridge creative iMedia (I am in year 11 and also predicted high grades - D2). So far for the January exam I been revising by making mind maps on all the relevant topics (I have a revision folder for the subject, and I would suggest doing the same but everyone stores information differently), doing a lot of last papers (you can find them all on the OCR website with the mark scheme and the examiners' report from that year) and mostly importantly flashcards as they are in my opinion the best way to memorize the keywords and short and snappy information like what would be found on a mind map for example. For more practical questions like drawing a storyboard or mindmap, I usually just do questions from the past papers or make up my own questions that are similar to questions that have been on the exams but are considering a different theme. Not going to lie to you but from all the past papers I have see, a lot of questions follow the same layout and are essentially the same questions just surrounding a different theme or idea. I have made some flashcards on Quizlet if you're interested. Sorry for how long this is but good luck and try not to stress too much as this exam is worth only 25℅ of our overall grade!! :smile:
Original post by 273544
Heyyyyyy! I am also doing OCR Cambridge creative iMedia (I am in year 11 and also predicted high grades - D2). So far for the January exam I been revising by making mind maps on all the relevant topics (I have a revision folder for the subject, and I would suggest doing the same but everyone stores information differently), doing a lot of last papers (you can find them all on the OCR website with the mark scheme and the examiners' report from that year) and mostly importantly flashcards as they are in my opinion the best way to memorize the keywords and short and snappy information like what would be found on a mind map for example. For more practical questions like drawing a storyboard or mindmap, I usually just do questions from the past papers or make up my own questions that are similar to questions that have been on the exams but are considering a different theme. Not going to lie to you but from all the past papers I have see, a lot of questions follow the same layout and are essentially the same questions just surrounding a different theme or idea. I have made some flashcards on Quizlet if you're interested. Sorry for how long this is but good luck and try not to stress too much as this exam is worth only 25℅ of our overall grade!! :smile:

Hi, that sounds amazing! I have been super unproductive so far but I am planning on just revising all the topic and unfortunately we've already done all the practice papers so I'm going to go through and see which ones I did ages ago and hopefully don't fully remember. I agree 100% that they all follow a pattern so I'm hoping the exam in a couple weeks isn't too bad. I did find the mock (2019 paper) fairly challenging though so we'll see. I'd love to see your flashcards if you don't mind!
Good luck for the 11th!
Reply 7
Hi, that sounds amazing! I have been super unproductive so far but I am planning on just revising all the topic and unfortunately we've already done all the practice papers so I'm going to go through and see which ones I did ages ago and hopefully don't fully remember. I agree 100% that they all follow a pattern so I'm hoping the exam in a couple weeks isn't too bad. I did find the mock (2019 paper) fairly challenging though so we'll see. I'd love to see your flashcards if you don't mind!
Good luck for the 11th!

yeah of course https://quizlet.com/paulaewa27/folders/ict-knowledge-organiser-flashcards?x=1xqt&i=2wildr
go through the questions u have found the hardest and breaking them down to come up with like a sort of structure and criteria on how to newer questions like this one and similar- it could help and good luck to you too! I bet ur gonna smash it :smile:
Reply 8
heyyy btw do u have discord because if you want we revise together on there?
Original post by 273544
heyyy btw do u have discord because if you want we revise together on there?

Yeah sure, I have to tell you I'm very new to discord and don't really know how it works but pm me and we can set something up!

Quick Reply

Latest