The Student Room Group

Breaking lockdown rules to see girlfriend

I'm currently in a Tier 2 area and on the brink of going into Tier 3, my girlfriend has been coming to my house regardless even though it is banned in Tier 2.

She said to me earlier if we go into Tier 3 she won't come to my house despite the rules not changing for meeting up.
Is it just me who thinks that's stupid?

We already spent 3 months apart in the full lockdown I can't do it again, it's too painful. Family and loved ones are important to me and I'd break any rules to see them , I don't understand how she is willing to spend more time apart.

It's not just me either, she hasn't seen her siblings that she doesn't live with for 7 months when in normal times she'd see them frequently.
It's made me consider ending the relationship which probably sounds drastic? But I fear I'll end up like some of her family who she hasn't seen for 7 months.

I don't really see the point in a relationship if we're gonna be apart many more times because these lockdowns and restrictions won't end for potentially years.

I need opinions on this because I'm conflicted with what to do, is anyone in a similar situation?

Before people start complaining about us breaking the rules in the first place, we'd isolate if we got ill and are generally careful when around other people.

Scroll to see replies

Just go for it bro. If u get caught just say you were testing your eyesight yolo.
Reply 2
Original post by tashkent46
Just go for it bro. If u get caught just say you were testing your eyesight yolo.

Hahaha I'll take her to Barnard Castle.

I have no problem breaking the rules she is the one who does.
Original post by Anonymous
Hahaha I'll take her to Barnard Castle.

I have no problem breaking the rules she is the one who does.

Well then tough, you have to respect that.
If that’s the reason you want to break up with her it doesn’t sound like you care about the relationship at all so why not do her a favour and break up with her-let her find someone less selfish and more understanding.
I'm currently in a Tier 2 area and on the brink of going into Tier 3, my girlfriend has been coming to my house regardless even though it is banned in Tier 2.
I don't understand how you don't see the problem in that.

She said to me earlier if we go into Tier 3 she won't come to my house despite the rules not changing for meeting up.

I don't blame her. I think you are being stupid.

We already spent 3 months apart in the full lockdown I can't do it again, it's too painful. Family and loved ones are important to me and I'd break any rules to see them , I don't understand how she is willing to spend more time apart.
3 months is really nothing. She is trying to be careful and not being selfish. Perhaps, you could learn a thing or two from her?

It's not just me either, she hasn't seen her siblings that she doesn't live with for 7 months when in normal times she'd see them frequently.
It's made me consider ending the relationship which probably sounds drastic? But I fear I'll end up like some of her family who she hasn't seen for 7 months.

It will be your loss if you end the relationship. Why would you end the relationship? She isn't meeting up with you to protect the health of others, including you!

I don't really see the point in a relationship if we're gonna be apart many more times because these lockdowns and restrictions won't end for potentially years.
That's your choice.

I need opinions on this because I'm conflicted with what to do, is anyone in a similar situation?

Before people start complaining about us breaking the rules in the first place, we'd isolate if we got ill and are generally careful when around other people.

Answers underneath the writing in bold.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
Answers underneath the writing in bold.

"She isn't meeting up with you to protect the health of others, including you!" - What but she can go to university and mingle with her class that's fine is it?
You can meet outside perhaps?
Reply 7
If family and loved ones are important to you, respect her decision and protect the people you and she associate with, as well as the public. I've got people I haven't seen since March, but I respect the rules for me, them and the other people I may have some kind of contact with, because there are so many out there who have family and loved ones, too!
"She isn't meeting up with you to protect the health of others, including you!" - What but she can go to university and mingle with her class that's fine is it?

You are comparing her education to meeting up with you? Okay then...
Reply 9
Original post by 5hyl33n
You are comparing her education to meeting up with you? Okay then...

Well no I simply said she goes to university and mingles with other people but apparently that's fine, I didn't mention receiving education was a problem u illiterate buffoon.
Original post by barnetlad
You can meet outside perhaps?

What difference does that make when it's still banned, more chance being caught outside too.

What happens if you are asymptomatic?

If she chooses to and it’s allowed-yes. You don’t get to make her decisions for her or make the rules about the tiers.
So you either respect her decision or you go on your merry way and be selfish and single.
The fact is everyone is going to get this virus so if you think not seeing friends and family is going to stop them getting ill then you are deluded.
Well no I simply said she goes to university and mingles with other people but apparently that's fine, I didn't mention receiving education was a problem u illiterate buffoon.

'What but she can go to university and mingle with her class that's fine is it?' :rolleyes:

Yes, it's annoying that some things are allowed and some aren't but you have to respect your girlfriend's choice.
Don't tell anyone about it lol. You're probably going to end up doing what you know you and her want to do, so I don't know why you'd come on here to get an earful from the people who will tell you to do the opposite. I know what I'd do...
Reply 16
All this Tier 2 vs Tier 3 is just nonsense to me. You need to do what's best for you and your mental health. As long as you're not endangering anyone vulnerable in both of your families I would just continue as normal.
Original post by Ramipril
Don't tell anyone about it lol. You're probably going to end up doing what you know you and her want to do, so I don't know why you'd come on here to get an earful from the people who will tell you to do the opposite. I know what I'd do...

Thank u, a good reply that hasn't given me an brain aneurysm reading it. I was hoping to get some advice from people with similar issues instead of sheep waffling on about covid.

I know what I wanna do and I know she wants to see me but restrictions have put her off.
Original post by Ramipril

They’re saying that their girlfriend doesn’t want to.
Nothing they can do about that.
Original post by GabiAbi84
They’re saying that their girlfriend doesn’t want to.
Nothing they can do about that.

She does want to but restrictions have put her off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending