The Student Room Group

Child trust fund

what happens when you turn 18 and have a trust fund? do you get a debit card with all the money in it?
You should get a letter about it a few weeks before you turn 18 and a form that you have to fill out - asking if you want it transferred to your current bank account
Reply 2
Original post by izzxm
You should get a letter about it a few weeks before you turn 18 and a form that you have to fill out - asking if you want it transferred to your current bank account

Thanks

Be damned sinner.
Do you know how long it takes to process the money into my account? My birthday was a month ago and I’ve filled out two letters and sent them back but haven’t received the money.
I didn’t receive a letter
What should I do
Original post by Curious G
Do you know how long it takes to process the money into my account? My birthday was a month ago and I’ve filled out two letters and sent them back but haven’t received the money.

I sent mine on the 9th october (my 18th) and haven’t got the money yet either
Original post by Blue_skies124
I didn’t receive a letter
What should I do

When’s your birthday? I got mine like 2 weeks before my birthday. Also, ask your parents because they might have got the letter but just haven’t told you
My birthday was on 26th September 2002
They haven’t got it either
Original post by Blue_skies124
My birthday was on 26th September 2002
They haven’t got it either

Ask your parents if they know what bank it was that you were meant to get your trust fund from - I'm sure there's a way you can contact them about it?
CTF take an awful long time compared to your standard junior ISA. i know because my friends birthday was in July and he only got his money in october. for CTFs its best to consult your parents from what ive seen.
Original post by shahbaaz
what happens when you turn 18 and have a trust fund? do you get a debit card with all the money in it?

Debit cards don't get money in them - they are just a method for accessing the money in a bank account.
You should be asked for the details for where the money should go on maturity of the CTF. If CTF is held with a mainstream provider in the same way as JISAs then they may transfer the money to a traditional savings account meaning you have to organise a transfer from there to your bank account.

Quick Reply