The Student Room Group

Worried about a 2nd national lockdown

I’m extremely worried that we’ll end up in a 2nd national lockdown and the 1st one has delayed my life enough, it’s done enough damage as it is. I was sick of it, everyday was the same boring crap bull. I’m trying to sort my life out and if this second one happens it’s going to ruin it for a 2nd time. I haven’t slept for a few nights because I have just been stressed and worried that they’ll be a second national lockdown. If you understood what I was going through then you would understand.

Also I’m not going to go into it but I think there is something there that I don’t think the government is making it out to be. My friend agrees with me on that but I’m not going into it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m extremely worried that we’ll end up in a 2nd national lockdown and the 1st one has delayed my life enough, it’s done enough damage as it is. I was sick of it, everyday was the same boring crap bull. I’m trying to sort my life out and if this second one happens it’s going to ruin it for a 2nd time. I haven’t slept for a few nights because I have just been stressed and worried that they’ll be a second national lockdown. If you understood what I was going through then you would understand.

Also I’m not going to go into it but I think there is something there that I don’t think the government is making it out to be. My friend agrees with me on that but I’m not going into it.

Hi, the way things are heading we most likely will be in a 2nd lockdown, probably 2 weeks in November and back out for Christmas. However, at this point there really isn't anything you can do, everyone is in the same boat (if they follow the rules) and its being put in place to slow the spread of the virus.

There is no point worrying about it, so try and focus on the positives, is there something that you had planned thats been cancelled but you could do a different way? Is there a new skill you could focus on that will really help in the long run? Honestly, it sucks but theres not a lot we can do!
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, the way things are heading we most likely will be in a 2nd lockdown, probably 2 weeks in November and back out for Christmas. However, at this point there really isn't anything you can do, everyone is in the same boat (if they follow the rules) and its being put in place to slow the spread of the virus.

There is no point worrying about it, so try and focus on the positives, is there something that you had planned thats been cancelled but you could do a different way? Is there a new skill you could focus on that will really help in the long run? Honestly, it sucks but theres not a lot we can do!

2nd national lockdown or just a lockdown with maybe stricter restrictions?
Wait until Brexit comes along in 2021.
Original post by Other_Owl
Wait until Brexit comes along in 2021.

What will happen then?
Find a coping method. I'd share mine but the post would probably get removed.
Original post by Ramipril

Ok
I’m the op btw my account got banned for expressing my opinion

i get your feeling this way but i dont think the government will do another national lockdown that will last as long as the last one it willl probs be 2/3 weeks :smile:
Original post by Ramipril

LOOOL
Ngl lockdown was lowkey fun, I guess cause I got so used to doing nothing and I am a lazy person in general, and plus I didn't really have any work or anything to do. But of course, you do feel like you are wasting time, and you do want to be productive, I definitely felt like my life was disrupted and delayed cause of it and it ruined a lot for me. I'll probably be more annoyed if there is a second lockdown cause I actually have work to do this time round.

But we don't know, we have to wait and see, it is out of our control. The government chat a lot of sh*t and keep changing things so who knows.
Original post by Nobody7
Ngl lockdown was lowkey fun, I guess cause I got so used to doing nothing and I am a lazy person in general, and plus I didn't really have any work or anything to do. But of course, you do feel like you are wasting time, and you do want to be productive, I definitely felt like my life was disrupted and delayed cause of it and it ruined a lot for me. I'll probably be more annoyed if there is a second lockdown cause I actually have work to do this time round.

But we don't know, we have to wait and see, it is out of our control. The government chat a lot of sh*t and keep changing things so who knows.

If you believe the pandemic is real then you are a fool

lol that was irrelevant to everything I said but ok.
Original post by Nobody7
lol that was irrelevant to everything I said but ok.

I’m saying in general
Personally, I'm hoping for lockdown and some free A-level grades baby!
**** off

Why are you mad? I'm not allowed to hope for something that would benefit me? Stop being so aggressive.
Original post by Jdjdjdjdjd
Why are you mad? I'm not allowed to hope for something that would benefit me? Stop being so aggressive.

Not trying to be aggressive and I’m not mad but I’m just saying that’s a bit of an insult lockdown has ruined the whole of 2020 and you said you want another one

Mods don’t ban me for saying this btw because I’m joking
Not trying to be aggressive and I’m not mad but I’m just saying that’s a bit of an insult lockdown has ruined the whole of 2020 and you said you want another one

You should educate yourself as to what an insult is. That is the equivalent of me swearing at you because you don't want a lockdown since it's in my interests to have one. Before you go swearing and being rude at people, ask yourself if its needed, or in this case, even warranted.
Doubt it’s going to happen, and if it is it will be like 2 weeks. Its just unfair anyway, I’m from the South West and our cases are low, Northerners are screwing it up for everyone yet they complain about their local lockdowns.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending