The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Checks?!!

Hi guys!

I’m not actually at sixth form or education anymore, but applying to uni for next september entry.
I’ve written my first draft personal statement, and would like to get it checked over - but obviously don’t want to send it to any random people online who could post it and make it look plagiarised.
What do?!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Maybe get your friends and family to read it over? Or try and find someone who is doing the course you want to do too and message them?
Just read over it yourself again, maybe ask others to read your personal statement, make sure you have included all the right info, look at other personal statements to help u.
Original post by ellm4e
Hi guys!

I’m not actually at sixth form or education anymore, but applying to uni for next september entry.
I’ve written my first draft personal statement, and would like to get it checked over - but obviously don’t want to send it to any random people online who could post it and make it look plagiarised.
What do?!

Thanks!

Hi! TSR have a personal statement checking service in a private forum so no one else can see it - have a read about it here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154
Original post by ellm4e
Hi guys!

What do?!

Thanks!

Hiya!

We have an "ask me anything" thread running today by our Student Recruitment team who can help answer any of your personal statement questions!

This is the link- https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6762596&p=91660288#post91660288.

Hope that they can help you :smile:

Also, I would recommend asking your friends and family to read over it as they can spot any grammatical or spelling errors that you may have missed!

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest