The Student Room Group

A levels

I'm doing maths, chemistry and physics. Any tips? Are there any topics to focus on that is hard within those subjects?
i did a-level maths- revision regularly is key. do all the homework given to you so you can be sure whether you're confident w/ a topic or not. don't be afraid to get things wrong. make sure you do plenty of practice papers. each person will find different topics difficult- off the top of my head i can't think of one that particularly stood out but i remember struggling with exam technique.
Reply 2
Original post by absolutelysprout
i did a-level maths- revision regularly is key. do all the homework given to you so you can be sure whether you're confident w/ a topic or not. don't be afraid to get things wrong. make sure you do plenty of practice papers. each person will find different topics difficult- off the top of my head i can't think of one that particularly stood out but i remember struggling with exam technique.

tbh i don't find the working out hard in maths its just I struggle on applying it to different questions
Hi, I'm doing A2 Chemistry.

I would say that you should really focus on organic chemistry because it is literally the base for nearly everything in year 13 and it can be difficult. Consistently review all the mechanisms, the reagents and keep doing exam questions! The nice thing with chemistry is that questions are so repetitive so you just need to know a method to work stuff out.

I hope that's useful.
Reply 4
Original post by Nono2003
Hi, I'm doing A2 Chemistry.

I would say that you should really focus on organic chemistry because it is literally the base for nearly everything in year 13 and it can be difficult. Consistently review all the mechanisms, the reagents and keep doing exam questions! The nice thing with chemistry is that questions are so repetitive so you just need to know a method to work stuff out.

I hope that's useful.

thanks!
Original post by LazLo_
tbh i don't find the working out hard in maths its just I struggle on applying it to different questions

best way to get better is doing lots of exam questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest