The Student Room Group

How to use Sainsbury’s till

I have till training soon but I would rather know now if anyone has or is working at Sainsbury’s just to have a rough idea because I don’t want to be spending too much time on it, just like a rough idea on how to use it the basics.
Original post by Courtney146
I have till training soon but I would rather know now if anyone has or is working at Sainsbury’s just to have a rough idea because I don’t want to be spending too much time on it, just like a rough idea on how to use it the basics.

I have worked at Tesco before, and did till training once, so can't really remember much but the basics were you had to scan an item and if there was more than 1 of that item you needed to either press the quantity number then type how many of the items are there or scan a different item in between for it to quantify automatically, it was really weird. Can't really teach you much else as you have to sort gift cards and take off security tags etc. I have the same anxiety though as I've just got a job at ASDA, so I'm back to basics myself, but good luck with it, you'll do much better than you think :smile:
Reply 2
Any questions on how to do things just ask me! I'm a checkout colleague at Sainsbury's :smile: They're quite easy to use, most difficult thing I would say is PLU group which is all your loose fruit and veg.

Reply 3
Original post by woodyy00
Any questions on how to do things just ask me! I'm a checkout colleague at Sainsbury's :smile: They're quite easy to use, most difficult thing I would say is PLU group which is all your loose fruit and veg.

Hi thank you , I think the tills are really easy but it’s just the vegetables and fruits for me How long did it take you to get used to doing all the vegetable and fruit , that’s the only thing I struggled with especially because I don’t even know the difference between a turnip or a betroot lol
Reply 4
Hi thank you , I think the tills are really easy but it’s just the vegetables and fruits for me How long did it take you to get used to doing all the vegetable and fruit , that’s the only thing I struggled with especially because I don’t even know the difference between a turnip or a betroot lol

You get the hang of it, I picked it up quite quick and now I know the barcode numbers so I can just key them in without even going into PLU group. Don't be afraid to ask the customer what the product is also.
Original post by woodyy00

hi, i’m so late to this thread, but i just started as a services assistant, and my till training was online and pretty much focused on Think 25, not how to use the actual till 😭 if you could give me a rundown that would be great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending