The Student Room Group

Can I be a tutor at 16?

My national insurance has come so I was just wondering if I could get tutoring jobs at my age? Like official ones. Also does anyone know of any good tutoring websites I could use to do this? Thanks <3
(edited 3 years ago)
I did know someone who was 16 and did tutoring, but it was for primary children. Look around maybe your area and try get contacts with people in tutoring. What subjects would you be looking to tutor? and ages?
Join some tutoring websites. You will need a updated DBS check at the highest level and have a few trustworthy references too. Also think about what subjects you wish to teach.
Reply 3
Original post by saji13
I did know someone who was 16 and did tutoring, but it was for primary children. Look around maybe your area and try get contacts with people in tutoring. What subjects would you be looking to tutor? and ages?

I don’t mind doing primary school kids or KS3 honestly I’d like that
Original post by ca_1234
I don’t mind doing primary school kids or KS3 honestly I’d like that

Then yeah

Original post by tinygirl96
Join some tutoring websites. You will need a updated DBS check at the highest level and have a few trustworthy references too. Also think about what subjects you wish to teach.

This is good advice :h:
try looking into it and get all the details checked out.
It is much easier to join a established tutoring company. They can complete the paperwork for a police check for you. And you will also find them a useful source of information and support. A tutoring website is one option but if you are new to tutoring a reputable brick and mortar company is better. Good luck.
Reply 6
Original post by tinygirl96
It is much easier to join a established tutoring company. They can complete the paperwork for a police check for you. And you will also find them a useful source of information and support. A tutoring website is one option but if you are new to tutoring a reputable brick and mortar company is better. Good luck.

Sorry I'm just seeing this, but what's the difference between a company and a website?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending