The Student Room Group

My mum has upset me

I’m too upset to sleep or anything. There was just some issues with the family and my mum accused me of something that I didn’t even do and she has nothing to prove that I did it.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m too upset to sleep or anything. There was just some issues with the family and my mum accused me of something that I didn’t even do and she has nothing to prove that I did it.

The important thing you know you didnt. Have a hot drink and watch or listen to something as you go to sleep.
It wont seem as bad in the morning.
Leave her a note on the firdge saying you accused me of X yesterday and that was unfair because I didnt do it.
Leave for school as she wont change her mind but at least you have shown her you wont accept it.

What happened?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
The important thing you know you didnt. Have a hot drink and watch or listen to something as you go to sleep.
It wont seem as bad in the morning.
Leave her a note on the firdge saying you accused me of X yesterday and that was unfair because I didnt do it.
Leave for school as she wont change her mind but at least you have shown her you wont accept it.

Ok
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
What happened?

I was on the stairs listening to my family arguments and I on my phone watching YouTube on a low volume then my mum came and said am I recording
right now u need to look after yourself, drink water, deep breaths, eat, shower, self care etc. you need to communicate calmly how she’s made you feel, my dad doesn’t listen to me when i’m upset or angry
Reply 6
Original post by brokestudent3
right now u need to look after yourself, drink water, deep breaths, eat, shower, self care etc. you need to communicate calmly how she’s made you feel, my dad doesn’t listen to me when i’m upset or angry

Don’t tell me what to do
I was on the stairs listening to my family arguments and I on my phone watching YouTube on a low volume then my mum came and said am I recording

Then show her your phone and let her see you weren’t recording.
I sense there is more backstory to this tbh.
But for now just let it be and try to get some sleep.
Reply 8
Then show her your phone and let her see you weren’t recording.
I sense there is more backstory to this tbh.
But for now just let it be and try to get some sleep.

I honestly can’t sleep mate.
Reply 9

That's me every day.
Don’t tell me what to do

Bruh
Original post by brokestudent3

I honestly can’t sleep mate.

Do the above then 😀
Original post by alexx_20
That's me every day.

You don’t sleep everyday?
Do the above then 😀

Please don’t tell me what to do, this is another thing that used to upset me when growing up that my mum used to do just telling me what to do like go to school do your homework I can’t go out and come out. I despise being told what to do
Please don’t tell me what to do, this is another thing that used to upset me when growing up that my mum used to do just telling me what to do like go to school do your homework I can’t go out and come out. I despise being told what to do

You asked for advise...people suggesting what you can do to help you is kinda the whole point.
You can’t live your life moaning about stuff and then telling anyone who offers to help to sod off and that they “can’t tell you what to do” 🙄
How old are you?
(edited 3 years ago)
You asked for advise...people suggesting what you can do to help you is kinda the whole point.
You can’t live your life moaning about stuff and then telling anyone who offers to help to sod off and that they “can’t tell you what to do” 🙄
How old are you?

People don’t have to tell me what to do to give me advice. I’m 26, how old are you?
People don’t have to tell me what to do to give me advice. I’m 26, how old are you?

People suggesting what you Can do (which is all that was happening here) is the definition of advise!
I assumed you were like 12 or something.
Save up and move out (if you want to obviously so I’m not telling you what to do)

Also....all of the above is called PARENTING. 🙄
You don’t sleep everyday?

I have Insomnia, so either My mind is keeping me up, I'm sleeping then waking up than sleeping etc. It's hard for me to sleep.
Don’t tell me what to do

right i understand you’re not in a good mood but do not turn to a website where people post for advice and then be rude when people try to give you advice and try and get you to look after yourself. people in life are going to tell you what to do, are you going to have a tantrum every time someone tells you what to do? grow up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending