The Student Room Group

Friends offended by swearing

I was just swearing not at them I was just agreeing they were saying something like these they don’t like these teachers so I agreed and said I know they can be **** heads. I found out that they are offended by swearing, I forgot how I found out but I know for sure they are. I think they told me not to swear and someone else told me them guys are offended by swearing. I’m not sure they are the right people to be hanging out with and be friends with if they are offended by swearing but they’ve been asking me to hang out with them.

My other friends I can swear with, I was out with my other mate in the car, there was someone pissing about bikes like pulling out without checking so they caused things to be heated, when things like this happen you are going to swear. If these new guys were with me and mate they would have got offended. At some point I’m going to swear and these guy want to hang out with me but I don’t know now because I’m going to swear. Its only one friend who’s offended by swearing and he’s still a pretty nice guy it’s just a shame he’s offended by swearing.
people not liking swearing is not a good reason to think they are the wrong people to hang out with. of course it's up to you to decide how far you want to go to avoid offending them but 'pretty nice' people are normally worth your time
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
people not liking swearing is not a good reason to think they are the wrong people to hang out with. of course it's up to you to decide how far you want to go to avoid offending them but 'pretty nice' people are normally worth your time

Yes but I don’t really know anyone else like this.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but I don’t really know anyone else like this.

neither do i but i would try to stop swearing to spend time with someone i liked
Snowflakes do not know how to handle curse words, hence the offence.
Around my friends who don't swear, I tend to swear less or use substitutes (partly cause it feels weird swearing when they don't), but they don't really make a big deal out of it. I wouldn't stop being friends with them over this, it's a small thing
**** 'em.
Reply 7
Original post by HoldThisL
neither do i but i would try to stop swearing to spend time with someone i liked

I can avoid swearing tbf but what if something like I’m driving them some or something then there’s some road idiot on the road and I get round up or just in general I get wound up somehow.
Reply 8
Original post by Sunnydale18
Snowflakes do not know how to handle curse words, hence the offence.

Yes it’s pretty sensitive
Reply 9
Original post by AzureCeleste
Around my friends who don't swear, I tend to swear less or use substitutes (partly cause it feels weird swearing when they don't), but they don't really make a big deal out of it. I wouldn't stop being friends with them over this, it's a small thing

Yes not a big thing swearing
Yes it’s pretty sensitive

Curse words are not sensitive, they're merely words. People seriously need to get a grip when it comes to them.
Curse words are not sensitive, they're merely words. People seriously need to get a grip when it comes to them.

Yes

If they're merely words try using it in the workplace in front of your boss
If they're merely words try using it in the workplace in front of your boss

I have, often. My most common phrase to him is "bunch of ****wits".
Hence people need to get a grip, I seriously can't understand how anyone could be offended by certain words. F.u.c.k (no offence).

Hmmm, interesting what about in front of young children? let's say 0 to 8 Would swearing at them or in front of them still be applicable?
Original post by Starlight15
Hmmm, interesting what about in front of young children? let's say 0 to 8 Would swearing at them or in front of them still be applicable?

That would be a little different, I was thinking more along the lines of using curse words in front of other adults. But let's be realistic, children play certain video games, such as GTA, which are full of curse words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending