The Student Room Group

What makes him...?

What makes men play a woman? Talking to/dating other women, being shady about it. Calling them 'friends' etc.

Where does it stem from? What is the thought process/emotions behind it?
Perhaps it stems from insecurities of their own. A fear that their existing girlfriend will leave them or cheat on them that they feel the necessity to have somewhat of a 'backup' to help boost their own ego. Of course, this may be the thought process of a very small amount of both men and women. I hope this helps.
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m not sure but it could be something we call a sex drive.
They are just living up to the expectation that women give them; that only men cheat and almost all are unfaithful.
Reply 4
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
They are just living up to the expectation that women give them; that only men cheat and almost all are unfaithful.

Obviously not all men are like that, only a minority, same as women. But my question is specifically about what motivates men who cheat, and I guess whether their motivations are any different to women that do
Not just guys do this. But I think people do this to make themselves feel better.
Original post by Anonymous
Obviously not all men are like that, only a minority, same as women. But my question is specifically about what motivates men who cheat, and I guess whether their motivations are any different to women that do

It was a joke. Some people do it because they're unhappy in their relationship, but won't breakup with their current partner as they still feel something for them or don't want to hurt them.
Reply 7
Original post by divaani28
Perhaps it stems from insecurities of their own. A fear that their existing girlfriend will leave them or cheat on them that they feel the necessity to have somewhat of a 'backup' to help boost their own ego. Of course, this may be the thought process of a very small amount of both men and women. I hope this helps.

Thank you, that makes sense! But are their egos (referring to both men and women here!) So fragile that the importance of validation overrides that of their partners' emotions? Are people really that selfish and if so, was there even any love to begin with?
Reply 8
It was a joke. Some people do it because they're unhappy in their relationship, but won't breakup with their current partner as they still feel something for them or don't want to hurt them.

Do you think it's because they're scoping whether there's a better prize out there and keep the partner as a safety blanket?

And what about men that aren't in relationships (the so-called players, lotharios, casanovas) is that just the result of a raging sex drive? Or are their deeper emotions behind that behavioural pattern?
Thank you, that makes sense! But are their egos (referring to both men and women here!) So fragile that the importance of validation overrides that of their partners' emotions? Are people really that selfish and if so, was there even any love to begin with?

You just completely misconstrued what was said. They are saying that the person is really insecure and has such low self esteem that they are worried their partner doesn't really love them, not that they are being selfish
Do you think it's because they're scoping whether there's a better prize out there and keep the partner as a safety blanket?

And what about men that aren't in relationships (the so-called players, lotharios, casanovas) is that just the result of a raging sex drive? Or are their deeper emotions behind that behavioural pattern?

For some, that could be true but not for others. It really is a very subjective and people have different motives behind their actions.

Yeah, a lot will have high sex drives, but again, it could stem from insecurities and how they want the love and attention, but have too low self esteem to think they could have a relationship. Subjectiveness applies to this too.

Also, can you please stop just saying mean? Because women are just as bad.
For some, that could be true but not for others. It really is a very subjective and people have different motives behind their actions.

Yeah, a lot will have high sex drives, but again, it could stem from insecurities and how they want the love and attention, but have too low self esteem to think they could have a relationship. Subjectiveness applies to this too.

Also, can you please stop just saying mean? Because women are just as bad.

I did say in my previous post that both sexes are just as bad when it comes to this, but that I'm specifically trying to understand the motivation behind males' actions and whether it differs between these two genders.
I did say in my previous post that both sexes are just as bad when it comes to this, but that I'm specifically trying to understand the motivation behind males' actions and whether it differs between these two genders.

Ok. Well, probably won't vary too much between the genders. All about the person and their ideas/morals
Ok. Well, probably won't vary too much between the genders. All about the person and their ideas/morals

Makes sense, thanks!
Makes sense, thanks!

:yy:
Dudes can only do it coz girls do it too. Almost everyone does this.... the question about "why" seems redundant coz it's human nature. Girls *always* have a backup dude or four LOL! Smart dudes follow the path as well.

The question about how ppl react to this reality is a different one... some ppl ostrich. Others phonesnoop. Others hide in an incel corner. Others get on Snap and increase their score to 1000 or if they r girls they set up on OF and rake in some coin from the dudes.
What makes men play a woman? Talking to/dating other women, being shady about it. Calling them 'friends' etc.

Where does it stem from? What is the thought process/emotions behind it?

I mean we can ask the same thing in reverse. Besides, the statistics show that the difference between men and women cheating is only around 1 or 2% (57% compared to 54% or in UK 20% to 19%)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending