The Student Room Group

What is going on with me

I just don’t know what happened I have been out with my mate to an arcade and then we went to McDonald’s. I just was in McDonald’s anxious because I have issues sometimes just being alone in public, I paid on the machine for my meal then I was just standing there I was getting all anxious number 1 I didn’t know where I collect my meal from if I haven’t paid yet and ordered on the machine then number 2 like I said I have social issues sometimes when I’m on my own especially. I thought you just go in the same que as the people who have paid but this woman told me you pay there and walked off. These kids were just all looking at me. Then also my mate went to somewhere else to eat then we me back up in the food yard to eat. When I was eating I just didn’t have the appetite to have the meal and didn’t enjoy it.

I don’t know why I’m feeling like this I think maybe because it’s been a hard year but I’m thinking maybe it’s something deeper because I have felt like this for a very long time since before this whole pandemic and before this year. I just have felt lonely I have felt weak and just sometimes just feel down
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. Have you tried mentioning it to your GP? Social anxiety/anxiety in general is very common and there are so many resources out there that can help, but it's always better to sort it sooner. Alternatively, you can contact a helpline and get advice from there if you are more comfortable with that. Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. Have you tried mentioning it to your GP? Social anxiety/anxiety in general is very common and there are so many resources out there that can help, but it's always better to sort it sooner. Alternatively, you can contact a helpline and get advice from there if you are more comfortable with that. Best of luck!

No because my family think mental health is a hoax, counsellors and GPs make money out of it all. They believe suicide is real and that’s not a hoax but they said if someone is just feeling a bit down sometimes that’s just life everyone has bad days and no one is going to be happy 24 hours a day everyday.
No because my family think mental health is a hoax, counsellors and GPs make money out of it all. They believe suicide is real and that’s not a hoax but they said if someone is just feeling a bit down sometimes that’s just life everyone has bad days and no one is going to be happy 24 hours a day everyday.

How old are you? If you are over 18 you can make an appointment with your GP yourself and speak to them, mental health is certainly not a hoax! It is a very serious issue and should be addressed promptly. Life is full of ups and downs but when you're feeling down for prolonged periods or acutely down then that signals that further support is needed. Please be safe.
Reply 4
How old are you?

That’s nothing to do with you
You should go to your GP and ask for help
Reply 6
Original post by losedoctor

I feel to embarrassed to
Reply 7

Also what I told the other user my family think mental illness is a hoax
I feel to embarrassed to

You need to pluck up the courage. You won't get better any other way

Adding to this that your family will understand when they see you suffering and undergoing treatment

I am hoping for the best and trying to ignore it but I just don’t know what to do because sometimes I just can’t get out of this stupid mood. Also people have said to me it’s not embarrassing to have mental health but it clearly is I don’t care whatever people say mental health is embarrassing and it’s clearly a bad thing not good. I don’t understand how it isn’t embarrassing.

My family always brought me me up to be my own person and be natural so your mood should come naturally so I shouldn’t rely on a gp or whatever and I agree with it because you are not going to have them holding your hand all your life. I definitely agree that it is embarrassing to have mental health, so do my family and my friends. I’m doing this post for attention this is generally my opinion and everything I I sometimes get upset easily or worried about general stuff, future life and everything. I have seen other people on YouTube feeling the same and they were saying they have depression or might have anxiety etc. I just am very scared that I might have it, I’m too scared to see because it’s really embarrassing to have it and it’s being a pussy, my family are about being thought like, they are known for boxing, fighting and everything. My uncle himself fought some guy who were tall, my uncle is short he’s 5ft 2 but he never sat around and get depressed or self conscious about it he embraced it like a man and that’s what I should do anyone with mental health should do for that matter imo instead of relying on a doctor to make them better. I am trying and hoping for the best and trying to ignore it but I just don’t know what to do because sometimes I just can’t get out of this stupid mood. Also people have said to me it’s not embarrassing to have mental health but if it’s not embarrassing then what is it because it’s clearly a bad thing not good. Also my family always taught me to be my own person and be natural so your mood should come naturally so I shouldn’t rely on a doctor or whatever to be happy and I agree with. I genuinely agree that it is embarrassing to have mental health and so do my family. I’m not doing this post to seek attention this is generally my opinion and everything I said is serious, I know other people have other opinions which they can but if I had a friend or family member with mental health issues I wouldn’t want to associate with them because they need to grow up a bit also me and I always have seen people use mental health issues as an excuse for stuff.

I just wanted to talk on here. Maybe I need to stop being man up a bit but like I said above now and again I am just upset then cant stop being a wimp or whatever. I just want this wimp mood to stop because people are starting to think I’m depressed already and I need to prove people wrong that I’m a normal sane person because like I say I had a friend or family member with mental health issues I wouldn’t want to associate with them.
That’s nothing to do with you

firstly, Mental illness should not be stigmatised.
secondly, if you are over 18 go to the doctor.

It may not even be mental illness could be low zinc or vitamin d etc.
Original post by s_clare8
firstly, Mental illness should not be stigmatised.
secondly, if you are over 18 go to the doctor.

It may not even be mental illness could be low zinc or vitamin d etc.

Either way I’m not seeing anyone because I’m not a snowflake
I just don’t know what happened I have been out with my mate to an arcade and then we went to McDonald’s. I just was in McDonald’s anxious because I have issues sometimes just being alone in public, I paid on the machine for my meal then I was just standing there I was getting all anxious number 1 I didn’t know where I collect my meal from if I haven’t paid yet and ordered on the machine then number 2 like I said I have social issues sometimes when I’m on my own especially. I thought you just go in the same que as the people who have paid but this woman told me you pay there and walked off. These kids were just all looking at me. Then also my mate went to somewhere else to eat then we me back up in the food yard to eat. When I was eating I just didn’t have the appetite to have the meal and didn’t enjoy it.

I don’t know why I’m feeling like this I think maybe because it’s been a hard year but I’m thinking maybe it’s something deeper because I have felt like this for a very long time since before this whole pandemic and before this year. I just have felt lonely I have felt weak and just sometimes just feel down

I feel somewhat of the same thing as you, I'm quick to get irritated, I get anxiety attacks, My mind feels all over the place, and my mom/sister are not helping matters. I can't distinguish my emotions very well and I'm a mess with my feelings. I feel lonely and Horrible and My mind won't ever just hush, I also have commitment issues and am deeply terrified of connection. I'm sorry you feel like this just know you're not alone!!!
Original post by alexx_20
I feel somewhat of the same thing as you, I'm quick to get irritated, I get anxiety attacks, My mind feels all over the place, and my mom/sister are not helping matters. I can't distinguish my emotions very well and I'm a mess with my feelings. I feel lonely and Horrible and My mind won't ever just hush, I also have commitment issues and am deeply terrified of connection. I'm sorry you feel like this just know you're not alone!!!

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending