The Student Room Group

Mental Health

I'm all over the place with my mind, emotions, family and friends. I believe and love God with all my heart but It seems like I'm always wrestling with something inside myself. there's something always making me feel empty. I can't go to my family because They're kinda toxic and I don't have anyone to talk to. I'm confused because I'm leaving for Uni in a couple of months and for the first time I feel relieved? I'm just wondering if it's okay for me to be glad that I'm leaving my family and I can actually start being who I want to be, And live by my own rules.? Is it okay to feel like this? Does that make me a bad daughter if I don't want to be with my mom and sister?
Original post by alexx_20
I'm all over the place with my mind, emotions, family and friends. I believe and love God with all my heart but It seems like I'm always wrestling with something inside myself. there's something always making me feel empty. I can't go to my family because They're kinda toxic and I don't have anyone to talk to. I'm confused because I'm leaving for Uni in a couple of months and for the first time I feel relieved? I'm just wondering if it's okay for me to be glad that I'm leaving my family and I can actually start being who I want to be, And live by my own rules.? Is it okay to feel like this? Does that make me a bad daughter if I don't want to be with my mom and sister?

If you are going through your teenage/early 20's you are full of hormones and are supposed to be going out and experiencing the world on your own, your feelings are perfectly normal at around that age.

Once you are at UNI you will make friends and then you will have people you can talk to about any issues you have.

If you feel you really need to speak to someone now or soon about it, I'd suggest looking for an online therapist.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If you are going through your teenage/early 20's you are full of hormones and are supposed to be going out and experiencing the world on your own, your feelings are perfectly normal at around that age.

Once you are at UNI you will make friends and then you will have people you can talk to about any issues you have.

If you feel you really need to speak to someone now or soon about it, I'd suggest looking for an online therapist.

Okay, Thank you for that! I will hold out and continue to turn to music and my books.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending