The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It’s understandable what you’re saying but, who even cares? Stop judging man, focus on yourself
Original post by Anonymous
I’m from south east well I should care because wearing too much makeup not attractive at all I prefer European girls Italian and France and Holland girls they’re better and Americans they all sexier compare to British girls they have ugly teeth and horrible face

Oh no! I better take my makeup off so that some anonymous guy on TSR thinks I’m attractive :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Johanny x
The person who posted this is obvz not from the UK and/or uneducated, innit?

Don't know but either way the UK is located in the Northwest of Europe and that's not going to change.
^^this. Just want to say that although you might not have meant any offences etc, it really doesn’t matter what you find attractive. You might find girls who wear less makeup attractive and that’s fine, but your opinion isn’t all that important. The majority of men do seem to find less makeup attractive, but that doesn’t mean that girls are going to stop wearing fake tan and fake lashes because of that.

Secondly, it’s because we’re Manchester girls alright? Don’t hate us :lol:
probably a cultural thing. Like how different countries have different generally shared beauty standards. For instance, like how France there is a certain desired simple, minimalistic chique look as opposed to the full-on look you would see as commonly desired in Lebanon.

Actually when I think about it, it is pretty interesting. I would like to know how different beauty standards develop and are commonly shared in different countries and how that seeps into general commonalities with applying makeup (techniques and looks)

okay i'll shush now lol
(edited 3 years ago)
If you don't like girls with too much make up, then just dont date them. No one is forcing you to date girls with tons of make ups, so stop complaining.
Girls can wear make- up if they want to, maybe it’s for confidence, to cover up their insecurities or just for fun etc. However, I am natural and tbh I had boys want me to wear make- up so I don’t really think y’all know what u want tbh and some tell me not to wear make- up.
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
why do i feel as if op is scottishlad888?

It's the non existent punctuation :biggrin:
Ouch,that hurt.
We ain’t here to please you
And anyways why are you being so rude about people’s appearance? That’s how insecurities start. :colonhash:
I don’t know why a lot of girls in the UK obsessed with spray tan & too much makeup wearing fake lashes especially young girls I don’t get it I prefer girls wear less natural makeup and natural tan sorry to judge but it’s shocking seeing them without makeup why can’t they wear mascara then too much makeup

Why should you care what other people choose to wear? If someone's happy wearing a lot of makeup, no makeup at all or anything in between then it comes down to personal choice and it's really no one else's concern.
British girls are not attractive European are definitely better and Americans

British = European.. Besides, let's not generalise a whole population!
I don’t know why a lot of girls in the UK obsessed with spray tan & too much makeup wearing fake lashes especially young girls I don’t get it I prefer girls wear less natural makeup and natural tan sorry to judge but it’s shocking seeing them without makeup why can’t they wear mascara then too much makeup

- Marketing of makeup companies.
- Things like Instagram and TikTok reinforcing unrealistic beauty standards.
- Everyone and their mum can be a makeup artist now and use above platforms as well as YouTube to start their own business.
- DIY makeup tutorials make it easier for girls to experiment with copious amounts of makeup.
- Decline of modesty over time and hypersexualisation of society. Women thus feel 'sexier' when they have their 'best face' on.
- Affordably of spray tans vs. Going abroad.

I find it all ugly tbh, but I guess it makes it easier to sort between those I'd want as a future partner and those I wouldn't.

ignoring your gross second half that's completely irrelevant and very self-centred: misogyny and it's media influence. they're taught to look older when they're children/young teens and younger once they're older, while being taught to be ashamed of their natural looks and skin and the only way to feel good about it is to spend all this time money and energy into looking one particular way or face ridicule and abuse. unfortunately that doesn't even work as they will face ridicule and abuse for doing so from people like you

also shut up about your preferences, they're not as valuable as you think and no one cares - least of all the people you're ridiculing

What the **** did I just read like how stereotypical can you be tf man. You have been watching too many bs vids

Not many uk girls are obsessed with makeup, just some of the more girly ones. I for one hate the stuff (unless it’s a special occasion but idk how to use it so :tongue:)
I do find it annoying that they wear it so young though.
Also, why is everyone beating this guy up? All he’s saying is that he prefers them with less makeup. He’s not saying that people should change for him. Stop being so rude.
I’m from south east well I should care because wearing too much makeup not attractive at all I prefer European girls Italian and France and Holland girls they’re better and Americans they all sexier compare to British girls they have ugly teeth and horrible face

Original post by BluMoon06

Also, why is everyone beating this guy up? All he’s saying is that he prefers them with less makeup. He’s not saying that people should change for him. Stop being so rude.

Umm because of the above op post...
Original post by GabiAbi84
Umm because of the above op post...

Ik he’s being a bit stereotypical but you’re all being a bit hard on him. The amount of threads I’ve with girls saying guys are ***** and I just correct them in a polite way. They have a question, I answer it.
All I’m saying is ease up a bit.
because we want to

Latest

Trending

Trending