The Student Room Group

Worrying for LNAT

On Arbitio I keep getting really low scores.

At the start I was getting pretty decent but it went downhill really fast and now my scores are consistently bad, even when I thought I was doing well. My exam is next week and I can't stop worrying.

Luckily my essays are scoring high but the multiple choice isn't.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chloenix

At the start I was getting pretty decent but it went downhill really fast and now my scores are consistently bad, even when I thought I was doing well. My exam is next week and I can't stop worrying.

A few of my friends who used Arbitio and have already taken the LNAT have said they often had a wide discrepancy in their scores and that the only thing that really matters is your mindset on the day. Although your Arbitio scores are important for developing an approach to preparing for the LNAT, they aren't a final indicator of how you will do in the real exam so the best thing is to just keep up the effort regardless of the scores, also maybe the feedback might help.

What LNAT schools are you applying to, for some the essay can balance out your MCQ performance (e.g. Bristol gives it around 40% weighting).
Reply 2

Sis, don’t worry, I’m litch on the same boat as you. I keep rescheduling my LNAT because I just don’t feel ready
Reply 3
Original post by Ray3RE
A few of my friends who used Arbitio and have already taken the LNAT have said they often had a wide discrepancy in their scores and that the only thing that really matters is your mindset on the day. Although your Arbitio scores are important for developing an approach to preparing for the LNAT, they aren't a final indicator of how you will do in the real exam so the best thing is to just keep up the effort regardless of the scores, also maybe the feedback might help.

What LNAT schools are you applying to, for some the essay can balance out your MCQ performance (e.g. Bristol gives it around 40% weighting).

Okay, thank you for the reassurance! Every time I'm doing a question I think I have the right answer and then it's wrong and I'll go back and the real answer seems so obvious, which is what annoys me the most. :s-smilie:
Do you know where I could find the weightings for each university please? I would like to see how much UCL and Kings weigh the essay compared to MCQ. Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by teselya
Sis, don’t worry, I’m litch on the same boat as you. I keep rescheduling my LNAT because I just don’t feel ready

Thank God! I'm so worried and I was going to reschedule but I thought it would be a bad idea because I need to get it over and done with :redface:

Its good that your essay is getting high but I was reading some universities ignore the essay. Also, you dont even get your essay score back, only Section A Scores, which I believe its the main part. Also, what scores you getting? Arbitio really hard, harder than the real thing, so if you get 20 you are likely to get above 27 on the LNAT, or if you getting 17 in the real one you will get 23. Arbitio its hard!
Reply 6
Okay, thank you for the reassurance! Every time I'm doing a question I think I have the right answer and then it's wrong and I'll go back and the real answer seems so obvious, which is what annoys me the most. :s-smilie:
Do you know where I could find the weightings for each university please? I would like to see how much UCL and Kings weigh the essay compared to MCQ. Thanks :smile:

https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_how_important
" Note that even University of Oxford and UCL consider both the LNAT score and its essay in a holistic manner at the very final stage of their application assessment."
"Do note that some universities do not consider the essay as part of their selections, because they prefer the numerically objective metric of the multiple-choice component. These are: LSE, King’s College London and University of Nottingham."

https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_university_scores
The Essay seems to be very important. Here are some quotes from the admissions team at UCL:

The LNAT essay is given considerable weight in our consideration as it is the only piece of writing that we receive under exam conditions, and demonstrates a candidates abilities to reason, argue and to construct a cohesive essay.’

Sorry I couldn't find the exact percentages for any other than Bristol, you might be able to do some searches on the university websites and google to see if any more information comes up.
Hope this helped, good luck with your application.
Reply 7
Same hereeee where r u guys applying? I’ve rescheduled twice ;(
Reply 8
Original post by Rosielu

Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol and York.
Only Durham and Bristol need it but I would like to get offers from both. Fun times.
Wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by Ray3RE
Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol and York.
Only Durham and Bristol need it but I would like to get offers from both. Fun times.
Wbu?

Cambridge LSE ucl kings and Southampton. Kind of screwed if I mess up the LNAT 😅✌️literally saw my offer from Southampton 2 mins ago.
Reply 10
Original post by Rosielu
Cambridge LSE ucl kings and Southampton. Kind of screwed if I mess up the LNAT 😅✌️literally saw my offer from Southampton 2 mins ago.

Congratulations on your offer.
When is you LNAT, I moved mine all the way to the end of December on the 29th.
Reply 11
Original post by Ray3RE

Basically the same 😂 December 30th
Reply 12
Original post by Ray3RE

We have 2 months to rlly put our heads down.
Reply 13
Original post by Rosielu
We have 2 months to rlly put our heads down.

Original post by Rosielu
Basically the same 😂 December 30th

We have got this.
(Watch how I'll break once I see the first passage)
Reply 14
Original post by Ray3RE
We have got this.
(Watch how I'll break once I see the first passage)

No same I need to work on my attention span.
Good luck 💪
Reply 15
Original post by Franco28
Its good that your essay is getting high but I was reading some universities ignore the essay. Also, you dont even get your essay score back, only Section A Scores, which I believe its the main part. Also, what scores you getting? Arbitio really hard, harder than the real thing, so if you get 20 you are likely to get above 27 on the LNAT, or if you getting 17 in the real one you will get 23. Arbitio its hard!

Thank you that's very helpful :smile:
On my first test I got 22, then 20, then 16, then 20 and then 19. So my average is probably around 19. And yes I definitely agree that it's hard! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Ray3RE
https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_how_important
" Note that even University of Oxford and UCL consider both the LNAT score and its essay in a holistic manner at the very final stage of their application assessment."
"Do note that some universities do not consider the essay as part of their selections, because they prefer the numerically objective metric of the multiple-choice component. These are: LSE, King’s College London and University of Nottingham."

https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_university_scores
The Essay seems to be very important. Here are some quotes from the admissions team at UCL:

The LNAT essay is given considerable weight in our consideration as it is the only piece of writing that we receive under exam conditions, and demonstrates a candidates abilities to reason, argue and to construct a cohesive essay.’

Sorry I couldn't find the exact percentages for any other than Bristol, you might be able to do some searches on the university websites and google to see if any more information comes up.
Hope this helped, good luck with your application.

Wow this is fantastic thank you so much for being so specific! :smile:
Bit disappointed for Kings but I'm sure it'll be fine.
And thanks! Good luck to you too if you're applying, or in whichever academic endeavors you are currently pursuing:biggrin:
Reply 17
I'm applying to KCL, UCL, Durham, Exeter and Leeds :smile:
Original post by Rosielu
Reply 18
Wow this is fantastic thank you so much for being so specific! :smile:
Bit disappointed for Kings but I'm sure it'll be fine.
And thanks! Good luck to you too if you're applying, or in whichever academic endeavors you are currently pursuing:biggrin:

I am applying, and no problem this is just me procrastinating my prep for the LNAT.
Reply 19
Original post by Ray3RE
I am applying, and no problem this is just me procrastinating my prep for the LNAT.

Ooo well, good luck! :smile:
And I relate to that all too much haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending