The Student Room Group

my iphone literally died.

so ive had the iphone se 2nd gen for bout two or three weeks now, and it's been working perfectly up until today.
i was playing among us and then my phone randomly switched off and never turned on again
ive tried everything and it's still not turning on, what could have caused this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did you try charging it?
i bought it brand new.
Original post by Nobody7
did you try charging it?

yeah ive charged it for an hour, but when it died it was at 80% or something so idk.
Reply 3
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
i bought it brand new.

yeah ive charged it for an hour, but when it died it was at 80% or something so idk.

that's strange, lol I'm out of ideas then. Maybe take it back or try and fix it at a shop or something.
so ive had the iphone se 2nd gen for bout two or three weeks now, and it's been working perfectly up until today.
i was playing among us and then my phone randomly switched off and never turned on again
ive tried everything and it's still not turning on, what could have caused this?

that’s really weird. I have the same phone and it turned off randomly once but turned back on straight after. have you been using it a lot?
im probs gonna call apple tomorrow and see if they can either fix it or give me a new one.
it's strange :K:
Original post by Nobody7
that's strange, lol I'm out of ideas then. Maybe take it back or try and fix it at a shop or something.
Original post by SmartUnicorn
that’s really weird. I have the same phone and it turned off randomly once but turned back on straight after. have you been using it a lot?

yeah, at first i thought it shut down because it was overheating but then it never turned back on.
ive been using it quite a bit, but not loads.
Reply 7

Should have got an Android, I switch from an s8 to iPhone and I regret it
true, ive got 2 year warranty so ill be ok.

Original post by Badladd
Should have got an Android, I switch from an s8 to iPhone and I regret it

i don't like androids haha

The same thing just happened to my sister's iPhone a few days ago. She had it looked at by the phone company, a place that fixes phones, and even the Apple store and they all said they couldn't do anything about it. Apparently, it's been happening to a lot of iPhones recently. :dontknow: I'm just hoping mine doesn't decide to die on me as well. :redface:
This.

While plugged in and charging, hold down the power and home button together for 10-20 seconds, this should force a reboot if you phoned hasn't entirely kicked the bucket.
Reply 12
true, ive got 2 year warranty so ill be ok.

i don't like androids haha

Ok
Original post by jellybellyb
The same thing just happened to my sister's iPhone a few days ago. She had it looked at by the phone company, a place that fixes phones, and even the Apple store and they all said they couldn't do anything about it. Apparently, it's been happening to a lot of iPhones recently. :dontknow: I'm just hoping mine doesn't decide to die on me as well. :redface:

did apple give her a new phone?

my dad's coming with me don't worry :smile:

ive literally tried everything, including that :/
did apple give her a new phone?

my dad's coming with me don't worry :smile:

ive literally tried everything, including that :/

No, :redface: she's just going to buy a new one.

was she under warranty?
i am, but if apple doesn't give me a new phone i know my dad's gonna argue till he gets one 😂

And that’s the problem with Apple and Samsung, they only care about money (especially apple).
This happened to my iPhone 7 in June! Weirdly I actually got the SE2 after it broke...

There are a few articles online about what you can try, but none of them worked for me unfortunately. Still have the poor old thing on my shelf. It was a trusty companion.
was she under warranty?
i am, but if apple doesn't give me a new phone i know my dad's gonna argue till he gets one 😂

I actually have no idea. She had a like unbreakable phone case because she's really clumsy, so I don't know if she got insurance.
Tbh, my dad would too. :lol:
Original post by 1st superstar
And that’s the problem with Apple and Samsung, they only care about money (especially apple).

That's really true, but at the same time, I mainly have apple products so it just makes it easier for me.

Quick Reply

Latest