The Student Room Group

Uni choices help

Hi, I'm applying to psychology at university and my predicted grades range from A*A*A*- AAA.

My choices at the moment are leeds, kent, reading, loughborough and kings college. Their entry requirements range between A*AA to AAB

My teacher has told me to consider applying to one ABB university as my saftey choice. But i don't know which university from my 5 options to take out. It's really confusing me now

Most universities i've looked at either go AAB or straight to BBB so i dont know what to do

Any advice?? Are my chances good at these unis or should i strongly consider changing one option?
Original post by Random_101
Hi, I'm applying to psychology at university and my predicted grades range from A*A*A*- AAA.

My choices at the moment are leeds, kent, reading, loughborough and kings college. Their entry requirements range between A*AA to AAB

My teacher has told me to consider applying to one ABB university as my saftey choice. But i don't know which university from my 5 options to take out. It's really confusing me now

Most universities i've looked at either go AAB or straight to BBB so i dont know what to do

Any advice?? Are my chances good at these unis or should i strongly consider changing one option?

Hi @Random_101,

As you probably already know, Loughborough ask for AAB for Psychology BSc degree. We offer a placement year also which is such an asset these days as it gives you valuable work experience and industry contacts in such a competitive work environment.

I would recommend you attend as many virtual open days as possible as this will give you a feel for the universities. Have a think about whether or not you want to be on a campus university or in a large city? Loughborough is located in a market town but we are based on a huge campus which has everything you need on site and there's a real sense of community.

Have a look at the course itself and the modules - do they interest you? Are they relevant to where you want to be in the future? Another thing to look at is the student experience and it's important to find somewhere where you'll be able to get involved in things that interest you and help develop you as an adult. If you're interested in looking into this, then check these links out:

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/arts/
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/about/students-union/
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/sport/sports/

If you want to register for our open days, register here - there's one tomorrow and another on Saturday 28 November. You'll be able to chat live to our students and academic staff and other departments also.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes
Bindu
Surrey asks for ABB (BBB if you’re doing an EPQ) and they’re really good for psychology x
However your predicted grades are good so if you don’t like any ABB unis just stick to the choices you’ve got I would say

What are your UCAS predicted grades? You gave a range, which seems odd.
Reply 6
If your lowest predicted grades are AAA then you should have only one uni with an AAB entry requirement and all the others as over aab. Don't limit yourself
Reply 7
Original post by RogerOxon
What are your UCAS predicted grades? You gave a range, which seems odd.

My school is being really weird and not giving us the exact predicted grades. They just told us its going to be based on mock exams we did in October and February of year 12. And that it will be either those grades or one above.

So in my mocks i got AAA so my predicted grades will be a range of AAA- A*A*A*. Whichever is the highest entry requirement i need for my uni choices they'll give it to me
Reply 8
Original post by Marthaalexanderr
Surrey asks for ABB (BBB if you’re doing an EPQ) and they’re really good for psychology x

I was researching Surrey and it does seem really great. So i might consider applying to it
My school is being really weird and not giving us the exact predicted grades. They just told us its going to be based on mock exams we did in October and February of year 12. And that it will be either those grades or one above.

So in my mocks i got AAA so my predicted grades will be a range of AAA- A*A*A*. Whichever is the highest entry requirement i need for my uni choices they'll give it to me

That makes it more difficult than it needs to be. I'd be tempted to get confirmation that they're at least AAA.

Is your course often in clearing? If so, I'd be tempted to leave your choices as they are.

Quick Reply

Latest