The Student Room Group

How much do your parents know about your love life?

How serious does it need to get for you to introduce the person to your parents? Do you tell your parents about your love life, if yes what do they know?

I have never dated before I think I would only let my parents know about someone if it seems like there is a high chance of the relationship ending in marriage and if it is very serious.

Scroll to see replies

My parents don't know anything about my love life tbh😂😅
But they are kinda strict that's why.
I also think I would tell them about my bf if it was like serious and likely to get somewhere in the future.
I'm single RN though so nothing really to tell them.
Same, strict parents, they know nothing. They probably aren't even sure if i'm straight or not. (I am, but that's how little they know about me and fear bringing up the topic...)
Original post by Anonymous
My parents don't know anything about my love life tbh😂😅
But they are kinda strict that's why.
I also think I would tell them about my bf if it was like serious and likely to get somewhere in the future.
I'm single RN though so nothing really to tell them.

exactly the same over here xx
they dont need to know my love life details atm hehe
How serious does it need to get for you to introduce the person to your parents? Do you tell your parents about your love life, if yes what do they know?

I have never dated before I think I would only let my parents know about someone if it seems like there is a high chance of the relationship ending in marriage and if it is very serious.

don't even have one too hard to hide from my mom as soon as she hears a *ting* she says who's that and then sarcastically "is that your girlfriend ?" lmfao
Original post by M_Zara
exactly the same over here xx
they dont need to know my love life details atm hehe

Lol Zara we so alike. It me😂
Original post by saji13
Lol Zara we so alike. It me😂

ahaha yup thats what happens when ur an asian muslim girl lmaoo

(also names not Zara btw ahaha xx - everyone always forgets, i even 'fixed' my lanyard and always wear my leavers hoodie at school so that new girls acc kno my name lmao, turns out there was no need tho cuz so much sh*t has been spread abt me lmfao)
Nothing.
When I was living with them, I made sure they never knew when I had a bf or date.
No chance of me getting back in contact or ever agreeing to a partner meeting them.
Reply 8
Nothing

If I'm with someone they'll ask if I'm dating them, that's all.
My parents r not closed or repressive compared with most ppls I can see here. They know I have a voracious sexual appetite and that I got started early but they don't know details, all the boys and girls etc. They don't ask Qs about it coz they prob know the answers will be honest and may make them less comfortable. But u know it goes both ways I don't ask parents about their previous lol!
Original post by M_Zara
ahaha yup thats what happens when ur an asian muslim girl lmaoo

(also names not Zara btw ahaha xx - everyone always forgets, i even 'fixed' my lanyard and always wear my leavers hoodie at school so that new girls acc kno my name lmao, turns out there was no need tho cuz so much sh*t has been spread abt me lmfao)

Yes Asian girl problems😚
Ohh I do remember your real name wasn't sure whether to use it here though sorry🥺 x
Reply 11
They know nothing.
Yes Asian girl problems😚
Ohh I do remember your real name wasn't sure whether to use it here though sorry🥺 x

ahahaha ikrr xx
and ahhh okay then np i wasnt sure if u remembered or not
but yhh ty for not using it here acc cuz i didnt want that - thats why its not in my user aha xx
Legit nothing. I’m a closeted gay guy so they know nothing. In their eyes I’m still an innocent virgin lol
Original post by Charlie101998
Legit nothing. I’m a closeted gay guy so they know nothing. In their eyes I’m still an innocent virgin lol

😂😂😂
good luck for if and when u choose to come out xx
Original post by londonmyst
No chance of me getting back in contact

Why not?
Absolutely Nill
I hope for my sake , it stays that way :eek:
My parents know absolutely NOTHING, and I'm not planning on telling them for a very long time otherwise they'd probs force me to break up with my girlfriend. Been dating a girl for 8 months, she lives in Scotland and I've gone to visit her a couple of times (I'm English), staying over at her house. Her family and I are really close, and they always invite me to stay over, and obvs with COVID it's gonna be tough to see her.

Anyway yeah, my parents would never allow it,
perks of being a south asian boy eh xoxoxoxox
They knew about my first relationship not long after it started because I was only 16 and didn't have excuses to keep on disappearing. They do not know about anyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending